Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 PM

I worked on a cruise ship before (not a Carnival ship), so I saw what happened with the passengers luggage during embarkation. It was one of the biggest complaints that people had - they did not receive their luggage until late the first night. It did take a long time for their luggage to reach their cabin.

I will be cruising with Carnival in January and I was wondering what the process is for luggage. Do people check and leave their luggage at the pier and then it is brought to their cabin for them, or do passengers take their luggage on themselves? How effective is the process?
Old 10-22-2005, 01:07 PM

You check the bags curbside (this was the case in Galveston, anyway). I don't know what the limit is for "carryons," however. I don't mind having my suitcase arrive late- gives me an excuse to NOT dress up for dinner!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:50 PM

We dropped our luggage curbside. Went through customs..checked out our room, went to the buffet and had a quick sandwich and headed back to our room and our luggage was already there. they were super fast. On the way off..they let us carry it off so no wait at all there.
They were really lenient with the dress code for dinner the first night..my husband got stuck late at the excursion lecture and had no choice but to come to dinner in what we boarded in. i would just make sure you board in nice casual clothes.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 10-22-2005, 07:15 PM

I'll agree with everyone else. Your luggage is usually at your room door before dinner that night. But, if it isn't, they let you wear what you have for that night to dinner.

Josh

Carnival Glory - May 2009
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Glory - April 2005

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-22-2005, 09:10 PM

I hate to be the devil's advocate, but, you can't always count on your luggage making it to the ship. On a recent cruise to the Med my wife and I were left luggage-less for days in Barcelona. The experience caused us to reinvent the way we packed and travel for a cruise. We came up with a carry-on packing list that made sense in case you were without your checked luggage.

You can find the list here:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/BeforeYouBook.htm

Even though it is entitled "Before You Book" It is rally about how to protect yourself from problems getting to and from the cruise. I hope that helps.

Tom
Old 10-23-2005, 12:15 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone...but do we have the option of bringing our suitcases on board ourselves, or is that not a good idea?
Old 10-23-2005, 02:41 PM

Before 9/11 you used to be able to, but now they must fit through the security checkpoint (same as the airport). A carry-on is no problem, but larger suitcases will have to be checked with the porter.

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, checked, cruise, cruises, debarkation, embarkation, embarkkng, embarkment, glory, luggage, princess, proces, process, royal