Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 11:07 PM
Ok, so I am late to responding about my first cruise. I had a computer issue to deal with. So here goes.... September 17, 2007. my Mom and I landed in Miami to start our first cruise. We went straight from the airport to the ship. There were hardly any lines or much waiting for that matter. It was about 11:30am when we got on the Fascination. The ship is beautiful and everyone is sooo nice. We had lunch on the Lido deck. Great cheeseburgers and yeah the tea isn't that great so I had lemonade the entire 4 days which was really good.The workers on the Lido/pool area don't want you to go thirsty so they are always asking if you want a drink. Haha. Our housekeeping staff was fabulous. Everytime our room steward saw us he greeted us and asked how we were doing. Our headwaiter Ronnie and assistant waiter Abdul was excellent. They were very friendly and entertaining. September 18th was our day in Key West. We just shopped around not much time to do a lot so I would love to go back. I accidentally broke a shot glass, but luckily I did not have to pay for it. September 19th was our day in Cozumel. We went shopping and then we went to Senor Frogs and wasn't able to do much else after that. While drinking my Yard (which is a must) at Senor Frogs we had our picture taken wearing sombreros. I danced with a waiter named Juan. That place is very entertaining and kind of expensive but worth every penny. So save your money because you will want to spend it there. Later that night we had our Mexican buffet on the ship. GREAT! September 20th was our Fun Day at Sea. The hairy chest contest was funny. September 21st we left that morning for home. It was sad. I didn't want to leave. I had so much fun. The shows at night time were very good. My favorite was "Far from Over" music from the '80s. The comedians were good. The food was good. Yes, order the chocolate melting cake with an extra scoop of ice cream. I ordered it twice. I had dessert with every lunch and dinner. The cheesecake and bananna cake is awesome. Room service was good. When you are by the pool order a drink called Kiss on the Lips. It is a fantastic "girly" drink. You can't even taste the alcohol. I never understood why people take the same cruise itenerary, but now I understand. I can't wait to do this exact same cruise again, but until then I am going to the gym to work off all that food I ate and drinks I drank. I really don't have anything bad to say. I think I have wrote enough so I am going to end here. Hope you enjoyed my entry.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:36 AM

Thanks for your review, enjoyed reading it. How was the weather at Cozumel and did you go to the beach (or was it warm enough to do so)....Thanks again
Old 10-07-2007, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Welcome home, and thank you for your review. Yes, I'd say you are definitely hooked.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:13 PM

I really enjoyed reading the review too!

Sounds like a great first cruise.

Dwayne
Old 10-07-2007, 06:15 PM

I am glad that you had a great time! I am glad that you focused on telling us the good things instead of how some of these people focus on one bad thing and let it ruin their trip.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:02 AM

Welcome back, glad to hear the Fascination was a fun cruise. I hate debarkation, it is always so sad. But I see you're booked for another one and that's always a great thing! Best wishes!
Old 10-08-2007, 10:58 AM

Sounds like you had fun! We sailed her a couple of weeks before you did! I agree with you about Senor Frogs, I go to a Senor Frogs at every island that has one. It IS expensive, but worth the experience!!! I'm ready to go back myself, I would do the same cruise and itinerary again also!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
The weather was great in Cozumel. It was probably in the upper 80's low 90's. It was a dry heat something that I haven't been use to in years. I didn't go to the beach, but the water was BEAUTIFUL!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, fascination, reviews