Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM

Group of four singles in 20's looking to cruise the week of Aug 9th or so on either imagination, sensation, or fascination. Any suggestions on which one better for single-party people? Any other singles looking to cruise that week?
Old 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM

Group of four singles in 20's looking to cruise the week of Aug 9th or so on either imagination, sensation, or fascination. Any suggestions on which one better for single-party people? Any other singles looking to cruise that week?
Old 03-27-2003, 08:19 PM

My husband and I cruised on the Sensation in September of 2000.........we have since been on the Imagination and the Fantasy, and next week we are headed to the Carnival Victory.......of the three I have been on I by far recommend the Sensation......there were many young couples and not a lot of children.....the crew was simply marvelous......Enjoy!
Old 03-28-2003, 08:09 AM

The Sensation, Fascination and Inspiration are all Fantasy class ships, which means that they are identical in layout, except in how they are decorated.

All ships hold (max cap) 2,052 passengers. The Sensation was launched in 1993; the Fascination in 1994 and the Inspiration in 1996.

Our first cruise, in Fall 2000, was on the Carnival Sensation, and we had a great time. From the pictures I've seen, the Fascination has a nice lobby atrium area (blue colour). For more pics on these ships, go to www.mytravelco.com and look at the 360 tours of the ships.

If you're torn between these ships, you should look at the itineraries they are currently sailing. That might help you out.

Whatever ship you choose, I am sure you will have a fabulous time.
Old 03-30-2003, 11:19 PM

I'm single, have sailed on Carnival a number of times, and have been on the Celebration, Fantasy, Fascination, Paradise, Triumph, and Victory. I have thoughrally enjoyed each one with the exception of the Fascination when I was on-board last June. The dining room service was not up to par and our cabin left a lot to be disired. My girlfriend and I both found cigarette burns in the bed spreads, holes in the towels, and the bathroom smelled. One of my coworkers went on the ship in December and vowed never to go back on Carnival again. Personally though, I like the Carnival atmosphere a lot and have booked my next vacation already on the Imagination. You haven't mentioned the Fantasy in your list but I found that to be great for a quick getaway to the Bahamas.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:32 PM

My vote would have to be the Victory!! i did alot of research before we took our first cruise, and it kept bringing me back to the Victory. I suppose it depends on the ports you want to see as well. I wanted a newer,bigger ship and was not dissapointed the least. We sailed the Eastern Caribbean in March, and are planning to book the western Caribbean on the Victory in the near future.
Old 04-07-2003, 06:35 AM

My husband and I took our first cruise aboard the Sensation. The cruise was great and the ship's layout is also. You can go from the front of the ship to the back without changing levels which is nice. On the bigger ships you can only go so far and then you have to go up or down to reach the other end. Of course, to me this is not a reason not pick a ship but thought you would be interested to know. We're taking our 4th cruise aboard the Legend on 4/19-can't wait.

Closed Thread