Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 11:17 AM

I got another reason to be excited about my cruise (as if I needed another one). I was just contacted by a Carnival rep who offered to upgrade me from 6a to 8a (oceanview to balcony) for $150 per person.

I took it... that's a good deal, isn't it?

Oh, and he said he'd have a bottle of Champagne waiting in the room, after I mentioned it was our 20th wedding anniversary cruise.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 05-02-2008, 11:22 AM

The fact that you're stoked about it means it was a great deal. You'll enjoy the balcony but don't be surprised if it spoils you and its all you want for future cruises. Have a great time!

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-02-2008, 11:41 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with Neil. It doesn't matter if it cost an extra $1000, if you are "stoked" about it, then it was one heck of a deal. You have good reason to be excited. Now, are you going to tell the wife beforehand or are you going to wait until the cruise and watch her expression of glee???
Old 05-02-2008, 11:45 AM

Congrats!

I would be stoked too! Sounds like a great deal to me.

Dwayne
Old 05-03-2008, 08:10 AM

Sounds like a great deal to me! Make sure to take a bungee cord so you can prop your balcony door open at night and have the sound of the ocean to lull you to sleep. Have a wonderful cruise!!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:47 AM

It sounds like a great deal...but is it my imagination or did Neil and Dwayne sound like they wanted to join you????
Old 05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
Banned

Money well spent. Enjoy room service in the morning and having breakfast or a cup of coffee on the balcony.

Nothing like lounging on the balcony at night looking at the stars, lights from the ships off in the distance or just listening to the waves break against the ship.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:52 AM

Congratulations walrus67, that's a great deal! Plus a bottle of champagne for your anniversary-congratulations on 20 years as well! I'm stoked for you. Make sure you're up for at least one sunrise/sunset on the balcony, it's breath-taking. Best wishes!

Closed Thread