Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Banned

Has anybody recently cruise on the Destiny after the renovation. Before the Re-do the ship showed it's age most reviews agreed on that..? We are going in August for our 10th year wedding anniversary on a category 12 Petnhouse Suite Cabin# 7189... I need some encouragement that I am making the right choice. We've cruise before on celebrity and Royal Caribbean on your average ocean view room w/no balcony. Hope someone can help with some information, pics or with comments about the ship in general hope it looks appealing. I have email Carnival a few times and have not heard back...I hope the service of the ship is better than their online customer service
It's not everyday that you have a 10 year wedding anniversary " everything matters ... "
Please HELP!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:38 AM

Did you check the dates on reviews on our sister site www.cruisereviews.com and then on
www.cruisecritic.com. You should be able to get some idea about it from reading those.
We are taking a 15 anniversary cruise next April and renewing vows. Been doing my homework to decide which ship too.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 02-22-2006, 04:15 PM

Personally boarding the Destiny in San Juan was by far the easiest boarding i have even been through, Yes you must stand in line outside but the line went very fast, they check your tickets and passports while you are in line, once we got inside allwe had to do was go up to the counter and get our room keys, this may have just been the luck of the day but i hope my next cruise (7-23-06) will be just as easy.
As for the ship, it looks great every clean and up dated, the rooms were nice and the bes was wonderful although for the life of me i could not understand why they did not remove the pop bottle opener and the flip down ashtray from the room. Overall the ship, boarding and ports were the best.

Closed Thread