Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 07:17 AM

Okay - so this is early notice, but...

We will be on the Glory on April 5th next year, and my 14 year old daughter (and 10 year old son) will be with us. Last year, our daughter couldn't find anyone she was interested in "hanging out" with in Camp Carnival, so she just either hung out by herself or was a shadow for me and my husband. (She still had a good time - it would have been a better time though if she'd had a friend).

I am hoping there will be someone else going on this cruise that is roughly her age that she can meet and really bond with. Maybe they can even chat between now and cruise time.

We have also considered letting her bring a friend along - if they would pay their own way, except that we just have one room for the four of us - with the two uppers. I don't think we would be allowed to put another person in the same room - right?

Linda
Old 10-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Banned

Sorry, you can't put 5 people in one Cabin on the newer ships like the Glory.

Finding new friends at Camp Carnival has always been the luck of the draw. Our boys have usually always found one or two to hang with.

Is she in high school? If so, even though she is 14...she may qualify for Club O2 (if you think she is mature enough to go there). Some times Club O2 will allow them to move UP if they are 14 and a freshman in highschool or if their 15th birthday is within 3 months of the cruise.

If neither of those apply, then I hope she finds someone on this cruise to make it more memorable for her. I remember when mine were 14...tough age. To old for 12 year olds, but sometimes not mature enough to be around 17 year olds....

good luck and happy cruising!!
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM

No, the cabin is probably listed as a 4 person max cabin and they would not let you book another into it. So, the option would be to pay additional money and book another cabin (for 2) but then the two passengers booked into that cabin would be paying full fare. So not only would it cost her friend more, it would cost you more too.

April is good spring break time, I would bet that there would be a lot more kids her age on that cruise then before. The odds are pretty good she could find someone to hang with.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 10-25-2007, 09:50 AM
Finding someone to chat with ahead of time is a neat idea. I don't remember what web site it was but someone here should. It was a place that was more devoted to finding people on your same cruise to chat with. Any one remember the site?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:25 AM

That would be GREAT if someone knows of that website!! Please let me know if you happen to remember it.

I know the chances are good for finding someone during spring break for her to hook-up with, but I thought the same thing on the spring break cruise we took last year, and it didn't happen. I guess these early teenage years are kinda tough years anyway - especially when you aren't with your usual friends that you are comfortable with.

Thanks for the info on the cabin. Looks like we won't be considering her bringing a friend afterall.

Linda

Closed Thread

Tags
02, 14, age, allowed, camp, carnival, club, cruise, dream, glory, high, hours, review, reviews, salary