Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2005, 03:51 PM

We just got back from HAL Zuiderdam cruise only to get a call today from Visa saying my credit card was just used in Mexico. I have only used this card to be used on board and also one purchase at Del Sole in Nassau. It's been nearly a year since we've used the card. Wondered if anyone else heard/had the same?????
Old 06-22-2005, 05:28 PM

No, I have not heard of that. Is it possible that the charge for your purchase at Del Sol was just put through in Mexico? I assume you've asked that question and determined it not to be the case.

It seems like you were careful of your card and didn't use it very often either. I hate to think that the cruiseline did not protect the intregrity of your card. I'd be interested to hear what others say ....

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 06-22-2005, 05:38 PM

I have a specific credit card for medical emergencies that I have only used once. I almost chopped my finger off on my lawnmower and I went to a 24 hour medical emergency place. I used the credit card there. A week later, the credit card company called to make sure I was using the card in New York to purchase items. (I live in Santa Barbara, CA) It turned out that someone at the medical facility either sold or somehow gave the information to a crook that was using it.

By the way, I didn't have to pay anything against the charges, as the credit card company easily saw that they were not made by me.

Walter
Old 06-22-2005, 07:04 PM

The cruise line is probably not at fault, as your card number could have been "stolen" almost anyplace. In any case, you shouldn't be liable, just as Walter said. Count it a good sign that the card company called you when they noticed something that didn't seem right about the location and timing of the charge.

Closed Thread

Tags
card, carnival