Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2002, 09:43 AM

I have booked the Pride in November for my boyfriend and I and another couple. I am now hearing that the ship isn't "that great"...but this comes from a few people who have cruise numerous times on other lines. I have cruised twice before with Carnival...once on the Celebration and once on the Triumph. Has anyone cruised the Triumph and the Pride? How does the Pride rate? Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2002, 09:43 AM

I have booked the Pride in November for my boyfriend and I and another couple. I am now hearing that the ship isn't "that great"...but this comes from a few people who have cruise numerous times on other lines. I have cruised twice before with Carnival...once on the Celebration and once on the Triumph. Has anyone cruised the Triumph and the Pride? How does the Pride rate? Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2002, 03:58 PM

I have not cruised on the Pride but I have talked with people who have sailed on her. These people had not sailed on Carnival for awhile because they had not liked the older Carnival ships. They all really liked the Pride and said they would be glad to sail on her again. Most of what I have heard about the Pride has been positive.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:23 PM

I've not sailed on the Pride, but took the Panama Canal & Mexican Riviera on sister ship Carnival Spirit. There were many problems on the Spirit, and it just turned a year old when we were on the cruise. The air conditioning was a terrible problem, as were the elevators. The subsequent cruise to Hawaii was cut short by 4 days, and the following was was cancelled altogether. It wasn't my idea of fun for 17 days. The entertainment was poor, with the exception of John Davidson and a couple of production numbers. I've also sailed Fantasy and Fascination, and after this trip, I vowed never to do Carnival again. We started our cruising with Princess, and you just can't compare the service, quality of food, entertainment, and things working properly. The shore excursions are so poorly mis-managed. I could go on, but guess you get the message.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:38 AM

I haven't been on Carnival Pride, however, I was on Carnival Spirit in January(Belize, Costa Rica and Panama). I loved the ship and had a great time. I heard about the problems with the Hawaii trip (which I believe happened before my trip). It is unfortunate that these things happen, however, I was told Carnival served free drinks and the passangers were compensated for their inconvenience. I would recommend Carnival to anyone!

I have also cruised on the Destiny and Victory, and I am looking forward to my next Carnival vacation on the Legend in January!

[This message was edited by Brenda on August 14, 2002 at 11:57 AM.]
Old 08-21-2002, 08:53 PM

The passengers tended to be an older group. The service was not as good as other Carnival Cruises(I've been on nine previous) The ship itself is great. this is a newer ship so hopefully they can work out the kinks
Old 09-21-2002, 08:09 AM

I just got off of the Pride 1 week ago. It was my 6th Carnival cruise and my husband's 4th. He is 28 and I am 29. The Pride was without a doubt the best ship we have been on so far. ( The others were Fantasy, Inspiration, Destiny, and Fascination.) The decor of the ship's atrium is very different from other Carnival ships - no neon and very elegant. To be honest, we didn't like it at first, but it really grows on you as it makes the atrium a much more relaxing place to be. There are so many places to just hang out on this ship! That was one great thing about it. Another was they finally put the dining room in the back of the ship, so you can actually walk the entire length of the ship on any deck. The layout of the ship is just so much more passenger-friendly!! Also, the lounges (especially the Starry Night) are beautiful. I did notice that the crowd seemed a little older, but there were still plenty of people our age. The food was really outstanding and the gym is really nice. I can't say enough good things about this ship. My husband now refuses to cruise on a "fantasy class" ship again!! I hope you enjoy your cruise and that this info makes you feel better about it!
Old 10-15-2002, 07:41 PM

My husband and I just returned from the Pride on September 29th. This was far by the best cruise we have ever been on (and we have cruised 7 times). The food was great and plentiful. Entertainment to suit every taste. We had a Suite which was worth every penny. Located in the back of the ship with a wrap-around balcony. You have to be careful asking for opinions from people. What makes the cruise nice for me -- maynot work for you. However, regardless of what people say, CArnival has definitely come up with a First Class, very classy ship with excellent service and a great value. Unlike Princess who nickel and dime you on every hand or royal Caribbean with the closet cabins....

Closed Thread

Tags
age, air, carnival, celabration, celebration, condition, cruise, forum, forums, fourth, happened, people, pride, ship