Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM

This may seem like a stupid question, but does anyone know if there are laundry facilities onboard this ship? My husband likes to travel as light as possible.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Hi there. We just returned from our first cruise this past Sat. We were on the Inspiration. Yes, they do have laundry, but you'll pay a lot for it. My husband and I like to pack light too. We've been to India on 3 trips for 3 weeks at a time and all we packed were back packs with our cloths rolled up inside. Going to a third world country is a whole lot different than a cruise. We decided to take a variety of "everything" and we bought new luggage (cheap at Target) with wheels on it. He took the BIG one and I got the Medium size one, plus our little carry on. We had more than enough clothing...and a variety. It's hard to pack because sometimes it's cool and sometimes it's hot. But we're glad we took all that we did. Look....all you have to do is load it into your car...show up at the terminal...and the porters take it from there. The next thing you know, the luggage is waiting outside your door. It's not like you have to lugg it around all over the place. Anyway, I hope you have an awesome time. WE DID. And I'm jealous that you're going soon. LOL
Old 11-29-2005, 04:20 PM

It is my understanding that there is a self serve Laundry room on each deck, with several washing Mach. and dryers, as well as Irons. We leave Satarday so only going from what I have read on boards.Also send stuff out to be pressed or laundered,
Old 11-29-2005, 05:42 PM

Thank you for the information. We are leaving on 12/11. We need to limit our luggage because we have friends flying into Ga. where we live and all 4 of us have to fit all of our luggage in the trunk of our car. This is our first cruise so we weren't quite sure what to expect. Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:02 AM
it runs about 3.00 to was and dry and they have a iron and a board for you to use free try to avoid it the days of the captains dinner and towards the end of your cruise as it gets pretty busy there!! I thought they were on every other deck they are always on the right side of the ship toward the front at least that is where I have found them in the past on the legend and Victory there is a Marker over the door in the hallway that points it out if you do not find one on your deck try the next one up or down, it is there somewhere
Old 11-30-2005, 06:07 AM

Thank you very much. That is very helpful. I have another question. My husband wants to know if they have a place where he can rent a Jacket?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:15 PM
yes on board they rent the whole shabang or just one piece shoes jackets tux even for women
Old 12-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Wahooooooo, we booked a guarenteed, just did the kelly method found our cabin we are on the panarama deck extended balcony, 8181 in the middle of the ship we went from 8A to higher. I usually don't book Guar. but choose to this time glad I did, I am so happy to see where we are can not wait to get to warmmer weather and sun.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:37 AM

Peachcrek..

what is the kelly method??

We are in the process of booking cruise for march and are thinking of going for a guaranteed cabin, which would be the first time in 6 cruises that we have.We are a bit reluctant to try it..

thanks for any info
Old 12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Posted February 24, 2003 06:22 AM
I am giving credit where credit is due:

I got this off the CruiseCritic.com, Board under Carnival, posted by HOst Kristi:

This question comes up almost daily and there are those who are tired of seeing it. So to make things easier for everyone I'm putting this post at the top. For those who don't like The Kelly Method, I apologize but now you won't have to see posts asking what the Kelly Method is.

The Kelly Method is named after the person who posted about this. It was later found that SCMichel had realized this same way to find out your cabin but his post was in a roll call thread so it didn't get as much attention. Somehow it became known as "The Kelly Method".

The Kelly Method is a way of discovering the cabin Carnival has you assigned in if you have booked a guarantee category. Although this is not a guarantee that you will end up in the cabin, most of the time it works out.

To do this you need to have your booking number from Carnival. Go to Carnival's website and go to the Gifts and Services section. Pick an item and proceed like you are going to enter it. A screen will come up that asks for your cabin number and booking number. This is where it becomes time consuming. Enter your booking number and grab your Carnival brochure. Start putting in numbers for cabins in the category you are booked in. When you enter the correct number your information will pop up. If you go through all the cabin numbers in the category and nothing comes up go to the next category. Just work your way through until you find your cabin. It is time consuming but a great way to waste time until your cruise!

A couple of disclaimers...
Most upgrades occur within a category (4A to 4B etc.) so if you book a 1A I wouldn't start by looking at the category 11 and 12 cabins!

Sometimes cabins aren't assigned until close to cruise time so if you don't find your cabin, just wait until closer to cruise time.

Again, remember this is all subject to change.

One other thing...this was posted with Kelly's blessing!

Closed Thread