Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 08:11 AM

I've been reading quite a few recent reviews about the INSPIRATION and most of them are negative. I'm leaving this week (the 18th) and I'm really hoping that these negitive reviews are from cry babies and have no validity. I also know the inspiration is due for a refurbishment soon, but some of these reviews I've read sound like horror stories instead of cruise reviews. Our last cruise on the ELATION was perfect from begining to end-not one negative. I hope this one proves to be the same. Some of the reviews I've read mention sewer smells, disrespectfull staff, bad food etc etc. I'm on the RIVIERA deck this time and some reviews mentioned big,out of controlled parties on that deck. A stain on the carpet or outdated decor is not going to ruin my cruise like it sounds like it has ruined other's but I'm just hoping CARNIVAL isn't into letting their customer service need refurbishing along with the ship-has anyone been on the INSPIRATION in the last couple of weeks?
Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM

It sounds like you have the correct mindset. I would go, have a good tiem and let yourself make up your own mind. Realize that the ship IS due for re-furb and therefore it is probably going to look like it. But worn carpeting and "stains" do nothing more than indicate how much use the ship has gotten. You cna find disrepectful "parties" happening on any ship, but when they happen when someone that is already having a bad tiem, they probably get blown out of perspective in the review.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-11-2007, 02:42 PM

You always have to take a cruise review with lots of grains of salt. I read a review of a ship one time...I was on the same cruise. I started MY review with...what ship was he on?? Remember that Inspiration is an older shorter cruise boat, meaning new cruisers tend to take it...as well as people who don't have the financial resources to take a nicer cruise. My experien ce is that they tend to be a bit more critical of silly things. For instance, eating at the buffet instead of the dining room. Why would you pay for OUTBACK and then eat at GOLDEN CORRAL??? People who complain about room service. Why eat in your room? It's small, crowded and there's no atmosphere? Why not eat on the deck with the sea breeze blowing in your hair and beautiful views?

Couple of other things that make take cruise reviews in stride. People who complain about the movies...who goes on a cruise to watch movies? I can watch movies here. People who complain that the food is "wierd"...yes if your only experience with fine dining includes "would you like to supersize that", then the food on a cruise is wierd. You go on a cruise to try new things.

As for Inspiration, we went on it for one of our first cruises and found it to be very nice! The crew was great, food was awesome, and the entertainment was spectacular. Cruises are what you make of em. I have NEVER been on a bad cruise. There are those I liked more than others but never a bad one. A cruise is again what you make of it. So enjoy!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Steve, I couldn't say it better. I recently met someone who got to take a short cruise which was paid for - all she had to do was get to the port. She wasn't exceptionally critical but also wasn't very complimentary. And wouldn't you know what some complaints were....she had already seen the movies they showed on the cabin TV, the buffet didn't have enough "fun food like Taco Bell serves" and the dining room food was sometimes "gross" because they served sushi, escargots, and medium rare lamb.

I simply told her "well, you know, cruising isn't everyone's cup of tea".

Old 08-11-2007, 07:39 PM
I cruised on the Inspiration back in October of 2005. I had a great time. I enjoyed everything. I had nothing to complain about.

Of course, I can't speak for anyone else.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:32 PM

Thanks, you guys, I appreciate the feedback. I own a restaurant and beleive me, I know first hand,how EVERYONE can't be pleased. Someone will always find fault with something,Somebody, somewhere,somehow! I guess that's what makes the world go round. I'll have to agree with you guys-who wants to eat hamburgers when their serving Lobster and filet mignon-who wants to watch movies on tv when there is a sunset and salt air breeze going on right outside-cry baby review writers-thats who-thanks again-I'm not going to give them another thought-4 more days and I'm outta here-gonna have a blast-spend all my money and get fat-see ya
Old 08-11-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't think they let any ship get in a state of dis-repair so far to affect the guests in a negative way. Things do happen, it is a ship.

You love it or you don't. I was on the Tropicale many years ago and the shower started spewing some unpleasant water up from the drain. It got into the bathroom floor and seeped into the entry. I called the Steward to report it.

We never complained about it to the Purser's Desk. When we got back on board at Cozumel, it had all been cleaned including the carpet. And a bottle of Asti on ice with an apology.

Did it ruin my cruise? No. It was actually a little funny with the Stewards yelling in the hallway in a panic to each other.

After that, a stain on the carpet I can over look. It has been said many times, but I will say it again...

The most important thing to pack is your "Cruise-Attude"

Dwayne
Old 08-18-2007, 05:04 PM

My family will be going on the inspiration Dec. 2008 and wondering who else have been on that ship? Please tell me all the info about the rooms, food, service,etc... Never have cruised before. I know I need 2 rooms. Who has had the upper and lower berths? Are they nice? Steph
Old 08-19-2007, 04:10 AM

cakewoman,

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Have not had a Category 1A or upper/lower on that class of ship. I have sailed on her, and the food and service was excellent.

She will have completed a major dry-dock for renovations by then, and should be great.

Welcome Aboard!
Dwayne
Old 08-20-2007, 03:15 PM

Hello --
I just got back from a cruise on the Inspiration as a surprise gift for my son's 21st birthday. It was his 5th cruise -- and he said it was the best so far.

We sailed on the Miracle when it was 2 months old (!) and have been on the Glory, Triumph, and the Celebration. I have to tell you that even though we knew that the Inspiration was due to be refurbished this fall, we went with open minds and an excitement for cruising no matter what.

Beyond the worn carpet, upholstery, and other signs of age, was a crew happy to have you as a guest, waiters that were very friendly and eager to help, and a ship easier to navigate than some of the bigger ones.

Please do not be afraid of some of the reviews. Go and have a great time with a good attitude and try to overlook any shortcomings you may find. Look to the next opportunity to find something nice!

Cruise Positive!

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, good, horror, inspiration, stories