Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   LHP Master Cruiser (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/33476-lhp-master-cruiser.html)

Cassandra M. 06-29-2008 05:31 AM

Hi LHP:
How are you campaining to get Carnival to start the Elite Card for those on 25+ cruises. Each time I cruise I make comments about starting an Elite Card on the comment card we fill out. And when I talk to a supervisor or manager on the phone I ask about Carnival starting this card too. Is there any other suggestions you have for me to help get Elite Card started sooner with Carnival?
Thanks!

Cassandra M. 06-29-2008 05:31 AM

Hi LHP:
How are you campaining to get Carnival to start the Elite Card for those on 25+ cruises. Each time I cruise I make comments about starting an Elite Card on the comment card we fill out. And when I talk to a supervisor or manager on the phone I ask about Carnival starting this card too. Is there any other suggestions you have for me to help get Elite Card started sooner with Carnival?
Thanks!

Dwayne 06-29-2008 06:42 AM

I don't know how she does it either. She does get their attention. She has accomplished much in my short time of knowing her. I will let her know about this question.

Dwayne

LHP 06-29-2008 11:30 AM

Hey...you are right on track!!

I do exactly what you are doing. Comment cards
(all 3 or 4 on every cruise..depending on if our older son gets to go) and letters to Dickerson (now Cahill).

IF the squeeky wheel gets the grease...I figure I will just squeek them to death!!!

We are going on 6 cruises this year (3 on 5 of them and 4 on the other)...so that is 19 comment cards from one family in one year.

Everyone...join in the campaign!!!!

Black Elite card for 25 cruises.....a silly insignia is not cutting it!!!

(although we have enjoyed using the 25% OBC!!!)

I have also promoted the perk of reciprocating benefits to sister cruise lines. It would be smart on Carnival Corporations part. This would "move" Carnival folks up the finanical food chain to more expensive cruise lines like Princess and Cunard. I would be much more likely to try both of these cruise lines if I could get the perks I have earned on Carnival!
(this suggestion I sent to Mr. Arison)

LHP 06-29-2008 11:32 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IslandCruz:
I don't know how she does it either. She does get their attention. She has accomplished much in my short time of knowing her. I will let her know about this question.

Dwayne </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pure sappy Southern Charm!!!!

Dave 06-29-2008 11:51 AM

Carnival's late arrival to the repeat passenger game has always baffled me. Look at how so many (including me) are striving to get points on RCI, which means more cruises being sold. I can board a Celebrity ship and get the same status as I get on RCI, even though we've only done 3 cruises on Celebrity. Same for Celebrity fans who decide to try RCI. Sonny would get a five-star generals cruise card on Celebrity just on the basis of his 40+ RCI cruises.

I do like the amenity of free laundry on Carnival for the current 10-cruise repeater level. That is really nice.

But absolutely, a higher lever equal to diamond plus on RCI would be a great idea for Carnival.

Sure, all the repeater clubs and societies are at their roots sales tools, but they work and have appeal.

billybuzzy 06-29-2008 12:59 PM

Dave-How about we give Sonny a 5 star Admirals Card-General doesn't sound right!

BillyBuzzy

Dave 06-29-2008 01:01 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How about we give Sonny a 5 star Admirals Card-General doesn't sound right! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for me!

Dwayne 06-30-2008 03:20 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have also promoted the perk of reciprocating benefits to sister cruise lines. It would be smart on Carnival Corporations part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LHP, I am all for that! Right now, to my knowledge, all we get is the Past Guest rates when available on the sister lines.

Dwayne

LHP 06-30-2008 07:53 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by IslandCruz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I have also promoted the perk of reciprocating benefits to sister cruise lines. It would be smart on Carnival Corporations part. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LHP, I am all for that! Right now, to my knowledge, all we get is the Past Guest rates when available on the sister lines.

Dwayne </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. That's all we get!