Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 10:06 PM

Hey all, we got to talking about disembarking and I forgot it was Check In topic. Carnival issued an Embarkation Advisory so I thought I should post a link to it for information.

Click Here for the Advisory.

Calm Winds and Smooth Seas,
IC
Old 05-20-2007, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by PA Steve Rocky Mount:
Get there as early as you want. Don't forget, the day you board is ythe first day of your cruise! The last day they'll feed you breakfast and throw you off! So get on board as soon as you can. They almost ALWAYS start boarding as soon as a crowd starts forming...usually about 11:30. Lunch is being served in the buffet and the pool is open. Don't pack your suit...put it in your carry on stuff...that way you can change and go to the pool regardless of when your bags arrive!
Steve's right, you want to make the most of your 1st cruise day. I took my swimsuit in a carry on bag. The first thing we did was head to our room to change and then we headed to the pool for steel drums, boat drinks, and watching the boat leave Port Canaveral. A ton of fun! Also Island Cruz thanks for the advisory post, I will use the info when we go on our next cruise!
Old 05-20-2007, 07:21 AM

Thanks Rhonda. I think they issued the advisory because in case you DO have to wait, it may be in inclement weather, and they don't want people to be upset at Carnival when it's probably not their fault. Customs won't let the next cruise board until they've cleared the boat from the cruise that just finished. Again, I think it's Carnival trying to keep everyone happy. I have NEVER been on a cruise where they made us wait outside!
Old 05-21-2007, 10:55 AM

Since embarking is the last thing discussed I'll comment on that first. We were at the Conquest at 1:15 2 weeks ago. We did not make it aboard until 3:30. Holy cow that's a long wait. I say get there earlier. Now disembarking was absolutely crazy. They were calling self assist at the same time as the checked baggage people. I thought it would not be so bad but it was. Then they started calling othe decks for self assist so you couldn"t get an elevator. Now I can carry my bags off myself( The inventor of rolling luggage was a genius),But I sure couldn"t carry them down 4 flights of stairs. I was not empressed at all with embarking or disembarking. But I sure cant wait to plan my next cruise I'm already researching

Closed Thread

Tags
disembark, explorer, faster, night, seas