Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2006, 07:47 AM

My husband and I are going on the Holiday in 6 days, any useful info for newbie??
Old 12-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Administrator

The Port Of Mobile is well run and it is so convenient to park literally just a few steps from the check-in. However, security will not let you into the area until after 11am so don't get there before then.

Holiday is Carnival's oldest ship, but it is my favorite Carnival ship. Do not expect it to look brand new. Do expect it to be clean. Take a walk around the buffet when you first board the ship. There is more to it than just the main serving lines. I usually go to the deli station on embarkation day. And then to the pizza stand!

They usually have the cabins ready by 1pm or so, but typically board the ship before that - you just can't go to your cabin right away. No problem. Eat lunch. Get a drink. It won't be long until you can go to your room.

Here is the review I did of our 2005 cruise on the Holiday. We cruise on her again this coming March.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM

Thank You So Much!! That is very Helpful, too bad you won't be there. LOL I need all the help I can get. This is our belated honeymoon.
Old 12-31-2006, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Here is the review I did of our 2005 cruise on the Holiday. We cruise on her again this coming March.
What a great review, Dave!!!

Hubby and I sailed the Holiday years ago, on a 5-day out of Los Angeles to Catalina and Ensenada.

We regard it as our least-favorite cruise -- but only because it was our shortest cruise, and the ports-of-call were not our favorites. The ship was very nice, and everything you say about it is true -- you definitely have a sense of being at sea.

I would also agree with your dream itinerary: 3 days at sea, 24 hours on Cozumel and 3 days at sea, again! Carnival may be missing out on an untapped market!
Old 12-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Administrator

Thanks Terri. I sometimes wonder why the cruise lines don't use the Bermuda approach (they have at-sea days on either side of an extended stay in Bermuda) for other places.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:36 AM

Probably because Bermuda is out there all by itself and only has a few cruiselines needing the port time. Where as in the Bahamas and Caribbean you have more islands near by and many more ships slotted for port time.
Old 12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Yeah, I know. The port schedules are the limiting factor. But I'd sure like to see it happen!

Closed Thread