Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by drlivingston:
As with any type of motion (or emotion for that matter), the more that you concentrate on it, the more that you will experience it. I have found that copious amounts of rum or vodka tend to alleviate most of the unwanted side effects of ocean motion. The swaying motion of a ship is a negative experience. The swaying effect brought on by inebriation is (usually) negative. The rules of math dictate that if you multiply two negatives the end result is positive. Happy sailing!!
HEE HEE! Copious amounts of liquor ALWAYS helps I find too!!!
10/03 CCL Carnival Legend
07/94 CCL Ecstasy

Add me as a friend on Myspace http://www.myspace.com/avenger1971
Old 06-06-2008, 04:14 PM

I find it truly amazing that the motion that makes one person sick is the very same motion that relaxes another. I LOVE the feeling of the ocean rocking and rolling and swaying and if my poor husband read that phrase, he would have been sick!

I think one of the worst things you can do to a new cruiser who isn't sure whether or not they get sick is to keep asking them how they feel. I think we made someone traveling with us really get sick because every three minutes someone was asking her "are you getting sick yet?" Well, she finally accommodated us.

The suggestion to get a patch prescription from your doctor and wear it or get the freebie stuff from the purser (it really does work after you have gotten sick) is really the solution. Safe than sorry...you enjoy your cruise!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-07-2008, 01:58 AM

Quote:
I have found that copious amounts of rum or vodka tend to alleviate most of the unwanted side effects of ocean motion.
You may be on to something. I was getting pretty sick once and took half of a Meclizine and had a few beers. I felt much better. I don't know if it was a direct result or not, but I took Ginger supplements last year and it seemed to help.

Dwayne
Old 06-10-2008, 02:49 PM

Yes, being sick or having motion sickness on a ship, can be something else to deal with.

I remember one time, actually my first cruise, we were at dinner in the evening, and the waves were so BAD while we were eating, we ate very little, as every time we went to put something in our mouth, the ship would would move the other direction.

Looking back it is funny now, but then, well I'm sure you know or can guess how it was. That was an evening we went on a "diet" that was not planned.

brneyes
Old 06-11-2008, 06:57 AM

In reference to what Dwayne said about taking Meclizine for dizzyness or feeling sick, I take that also, as I have had Menier's for years, and it does help. As for the alchol, who knows.

brneyes

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, deck, fantasy, level, motion, review, reviews, rivera, riviera, room, sensation, ship, sickness, water