Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 03:31 PM

Is there a benefit to booking with a travel agent , than directly with carnival ? I have shopped around and the cruise I am looking at is the same price with both places . Also any info on the early saver program , has any one used this before ? I was told that if I book with the early saver that if I change my plans (prior to the 60 day window ), that I would be charged $50.00 pp to change my reservations, to a different ship & time. And if the rate decreases I would be refunded the difference Is it better to book ahead or wait ?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:31 PM

Is there a benefit to booking with a travel agent , than directly with carnival ? I have shopped around and the cruise I am looking at is the same price with both places . Also any info on the early saver program , has any one used this before ? I was told that if I book with the early saver that if I change my plans (prior to the 60 day window ), that I would be charged $50.00 pp to change my reservations, to a different ship & time. And if the rate decreases I would be refunded the difference Is it better to book ahead or wait ?
Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Administrator

An agent doesn't cost you anything and they are an advocate for you if something goes wrong. Some swear by using a Carnival PVP (which you will get if you book on-line with Carnival). Just remember that a PVP is a Carnival employee. All I can say is I've always used an agent for my cruises. Any prices you can get on-line are "supposed" to be available to an agent, hence the pricing you've found being the same.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:58 PM

quote:
I was told that if I book with the early saver that if I change my plans (prior to the 60 day window ), that I would be charged $50.00 pp to change my reservations, to a different ship & time. And if the rate decreases I would be refunded the difference Is it better to book ahead or wait ?

Hi Linda, Yes, the $50 service fee applies to changes made prior to the the final payment due date. After that, standard cancellation penalties are applied. Now, using this method of booking is a personal decision that one should weigh given the strings attached. I used it and saved over 30% on my cruise. The key is knowing the details, and if your are comfortable with them.

Here is a link for some information.

Dwayne
Old 03-14-2009, 07:51 PM
i book with a agent. i is the same price but less stress. we booked the early saver for the valor in oct,and yes if you cancel you lose actually have a credit of your down payment, change is $50.00..but a great deal if you are set..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I just changed my cruise from Miami to Tampa & was asked by my PVP if I wanted to use the Early Savers Program. He figured it up & I was only going to end up saving 30.00 so for me it wasn't really worth it.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:16 PM

I guess it depends on the ship, sailing, and how far out it is. I saved around $300 pp. and was bumped from 4A to 4G. To save only $30 wouldn't be worth it for me either.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, cancel, cancelling, carnival, change, changing, cruise, cruises, early, plan, pvp, rate, reservation, saver, ships