Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 AM

I am setting sail this Sunday on the Victory for the Western Carribean itinerary. I have never been very suseptable to motion sickness, but here and there have felt a twinge of nausea. I have spent whole days on 25 foot boats and have been fine, but I don't know how I'll fare on a huge ship like this. Should I use the patch just in case I get sick? I figure I'd rather be safe than sorry ya know? I am a drinker too and can't imagine sitting by the pool and not having one of the buckets of beers I keep hearing about. Are there huge side eefects to the patch with alcohol? And lastly, is this really going to be the vacation of a lifetime?
Old 01-11-2006, 10:08 AM

Vacation of a lifetime...is what you make of it! I felt the movement the most in the back of the ship (usually during dining) and in the bathroom! You will have access to a TV channel in you room that not only lets you know which direction you are going, but the wind speed, ship speed, temperature, etc. This will give you an indication what the ship is actually doing. Don't know what to tell you about patches and alcohol, but enjoy yourself.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:57 AM

You should consult with a Doctor about the patch. Everyone's sensitivity to motion is different. In all my cruises I have never had to use anything. Even in the roughest waters of the Drake Passage to Antarctica. There are also wrist bands, ginger tablets, and other medications one can take. All the ships today have stabalizers. People have been known to get sick from the patches themselves. You need to consult with a doctor.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:58 PM

My and my wife use the patches. The only had 2 side effects:

1. We were more thirsty. Which ws fine since it makes sure you drink enough water.

2. When you STOP using the patch after long period, you may get a little motion sick. My wife's wore off on an excursion and it felt like she was back on the boat!

I get VERY motion sick, but never did with the patch on. Although you have to have the patch on before you start getting sick.

As for mixing with drinks, we had no issue what-so-ever.

Inspiration - 5/13/2005
Miracle - 4/2/2006
Miracle - 12/31/2006
Grand Princess - 1/18/2008

Legend - 11/18/2008

Miracle - 12/31/2006
Old 01-12-2006, 10:16 AM

My husband and I were also first time cruisers this past November. We used the patches (our Doctor recomended) they we great. The only side effect we noticed was that our mouths were so dry. We drank and did not have a problem with that. We did have the vacation of a lifetime! Can't wait to go back this year. You will have a wonderful time.

Closed Thread