Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 09:00 AM

Hello all,
I'm going to the western carribean on the 24th of June and I'd like to get some informaiton about ports and excursions. Typically, we like to explore on our own, but do you know of any "must do" excursions particularly for snorkeling and scuba, swimming with dolphins, and canopy tours (zip lines). Which islands are best for each of the above activities?

thanks, Heather
Old 06-14-2007, 09:02 AM

Also, any information about the ship itself would be great. Quiet places to sit on deck, special tips for "in the know", and also, what time should we get to the port for embarkation? I don't like to wait and I was thinking if we showed up at 2 or 3 for a 4:00 sailing that we should just be able to breeze on in.

Thoughts?
Old 06-14-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

I haven't been on the Legend since they moved to Tampa.We have sailed on the Legend several times, the last time was a couple months ago.It is a great ship, easy to get around, all the decks go all the way through.At night we like sitting on the Lido Deck all the way aft.During the day up on the deck just aboe the pool area. The service and quality of food are very good. The Captain is great, he is always around the ship and gets involved in the differant going's on.The ship is about 6 years old but almost spotless. You will have a very nice cruise, I promise..Tom
Old 06-18-2007, 03:17 PM

I just got off the Legend. If you dont have an excursion set for cozumel, I recommend renting a jeep on the pier for $50 + $33 for insurance and tour the island. If you book the island tour thru the ship, it will be 99 a person.

The food as alright this time. The enchanted forest up forward is an enclosed area with windows that is very quiet.

If you are looking for other excursions, I suggest in grand cayman going to captain marvins.com to do snorkeling. In belize, the zipline and cave tubing was great. I used grandcaymanexcursions.com and clicked on belize tours to schedule.

If you want any more info, email me back.

Closed Thread