Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 10:03 AM

We loved the Celebration. We’ve been back for a week and a half, and we are still singing “Olay, Olay!” I’ve never had so much fun in my life. I’m already planning my next cruise.
As for all the bad Celebration reviews, I thought the ship and crew were perfect. Of course, I have nothing to compare my experience to. But, if every cruise I take is as much fun as the celebration…… I will a cruise freak! ?
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-02-2007, 12:01 PM

Welcome back Emily, great post. Hope to hear from you again after your next cruise. Actually, I hope to read your posts before you cruise again. Great to have you and your upbeat cruising attitude. Makes me smile when i read of people who had realistic expectations and focused on the positives instead of finding something to complain about.

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-03-2007, 10:48 AM

Emily --

I sailed on the Celebration in June and have booked another next month. I thought the Celebration was wonderful -- crew, cabins, food, public areas, etc.

I only found fault with the water. The cruise we were on, the water kinda had a moldy taste. Not to worry -- there were GIANT bottles of water in the cabins! Not cheap, but still affordable.

I have said before that I appreciate the older ships in the fleet. The big, beautiful, new ships are impressive and loads of fun, but the older ships speak of a different time in sailing. Remember when the Celebration was HUGE? Not so very long ago.

Sounds like you are indeed a cruise-addict in the making. I still have the same wonderful feeling in the pit of my stomach when I see the ship for the first time when we get to the port for embarkation. My whole family of cruise-addicts ALL get that wonderful feeling.

Hope you can cruise to your heart's content in the future. Happy sailing!
Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Administrator

Welcome home, Emily8, and welcome to the world of cruise addiction!

Marylovestocruise, I agree with what you said about the older ships. The ships of the mid-80s are a special breed as they were the bridge to modern cruising, yet have some marvelous amenities that are, sadly, not found on their younger counterparts.

I had wanted to sail Celebration, yet never got the chance.

Closed Thread