Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 08:16 AM

NO one will be offended and you will enjoy the night too! Remember, it is normal to run back to the room and change into something comfortable after dinner and pictures!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
It is probably the only time "modern-day" kids will ever see a formal-set table with all the different glasses, plates, and utensils.
I remember the first time my youngest daughter sat at the table and saw all those plates forks and knives....she looked at me and said "what do I do". I told her work your way from the outside to the inside. I agree on it being a great cultural experience for kids or anyone for that matter. Make the best of it and enjoy!!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned

My daughters have learned so much just from the dining experience alone on ships. Manners, respect, kindness, just to name a few. I wouldn't trade any of it. When we dine out at fine restaurants at home, they are the best behaved girls in the place and that's the best compliment any parent can ever get.
A'ndrea
Old 04-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by penny3333:
Great attitude Karrie Must be why the dining rooms are becoming so much less of an elegant experience most cruisers enjoy.

Thanks (maybe those offended should stay home and go out to dinner at a elegant restuarant)
Old 04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Karrie:
quote:
Great attitude Karrie Must be why the dining rooms are becoming so much less of an elegant experience most cruisers enjoy.

Thanks(maybe those offended should stay home and go out to dinner at a elegant restuarant)

Karrie, my last cruise, just a few weeks ago, on the Liberty supports most of the other posts and also my own desire on dress in the dining room. The Matre D in the Silver Olympian Dinning Room made it quite clear the first night about the dress code, he was nice about it but also firm. By night 2 he reiterated it and by night three I saw them turning people away. By night four no one needed reminding. It does not need to be Black Tie but please for fine dining look the part.

By the way they also enforced dress code at the buffet. Simply no bare chest for men and a wrap around below the waist for women if you are wearing a swim suit. I liked the rules, it enhanced my cruise experience
Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Banned

I always wonder if these are the same people that would wear jeans to their high school prom It's an event, for many people, a once in a lifetime experience....

This could be a once in a lifetime experience! Be Cinderella and Prince charming for a night....
Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CruiseDad:
quote:
Originally posted by Karrie:
quote:

Thanks(maybe those offended should stay home and go out to dinner at a elegant restuarant)

Karrie, my last cruise, just a few weeks ago, on the Liberty supports most of the other posts and also my own desire on dress in the dining room. The Matre D in the Silver Olympian Dinning Room made it quite clear the first night about the dress code, he was nice about it but also firm. By night 2 he reiterated it and by night three I saw them turning people away. By night four no one needed reminding. It does not need to be Black Tie but please for fine dining look the part.

By the way they also enforced dress code at the buffet. Simply no bare chest for men and a wrap around below the waist for women if you are wearing a swim suit. I liked the rules, it enhanced my cruise experience

cool I understand I have no problem with rules that are enforced.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
I always wonder if these are the same people that would wear jeans to their high school prom It's an event, for many people, a once in a lifetime experience....

This could be a once in a lifetime experience! Be Cinderella and Prince charming for a night....
Who wears jeans to a prom.... Just so you know proms have changed when was the last time you been to one 1970 something like that....
Old 04-25-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

Thats my point no one wears jeans to a prom. I really don't care what you wear so don't worry. You aren't on any cruise I'm planning to go on, so thats cool with me. Enjoy your jeans
Old 04-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
Thats my point no one wears jeans to a prom. I really don't care what you wear so don't worry. You aren't on any cruise I'm planning to go on, so thats cool with me. Enjoy your jeans
What jean I never said I wore any jeans... can you read... I said my husband wore them and not on formal nite... How do you know if I am on any of your cruises... and if I was Deal With It now I am done fonting with you .... by the way if by chance someone is at your dinner table with jeans on I bet you $10.00 to a bucket of Sh!t you will not say anything now go kick rocks ( karrie drops mic and exit stage to the right) Good by

Closed Thread

Tags
black, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dinner, formal, high, husband, jeans, night, princess, prom, royal, tie, triumph, wear