Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Sorry guys didn't know emotions would be flying when this post was started.

Let's all be happy.

Exactly 24 hrs till ship leaves.

Desiree
Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned

Fascinating; the poop I stirred up! I respect everyone's opinion here, and as my opinion is different from many, I don't mean to offend. I understand your desire to keep the dining room experience special, and I respect that. I enjoy the dining room experience myself and am the first to laud those who dress to the nines on formal night (or on any night for that matter).

Now, for clarity, I don't wear jeans to the dining room, even on the first night of a cruise. My point is this: I like the formality of the dining room, I enjoy being semi dressed up on most nights, and I enjoy dressing for formal night. However, in the big picture, my cruise experience is not going to be affected by someone wearing jeans to dinner. Maybe I'm a heathen for not minding, but there are far more important things to get upset about i.e. someone wearing jeans WITH BAD MANNERS!

I have eaten with people who have dressed nicely, but whose manners were attrocious! To me, that is far more offensive than someone wearing jeans. What is that old saying? Can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, or sumpthin' like that.

I will continue to dress appropriately for the dining room, and respect others who do the same. I will support others in their choice for dress in the dining room, as long as they have manners!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Desiree00:
Sorry guys didn't know emotions would be flying when this post was started.

Let's all be happy.

Exactly 24 hrs till ship leaves.

Desiree

Hey now!!!!

We all happy, I'm happy

if you happy and you know it clap your hands (clap clap).

Enjoy your cruise...
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Administrator

You know I couldn't leave this topic alone...

Other than when rushing to the table or when you are leaving, who sees what kind of pants you are wearing? The tablecloth and napkins do a pretty good job of hiding things.

What about those already at the table when I get there? Should I demand they stand up so I can see if anyone is wearing jeans?

If they are nice ones, and not faded or have holes, I am fine with it.

This topic pops up almost as often as the "other" one!

Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Lol this is a fun bunch. I think I am going to stick around this board after I get back from the cruise.
Old 04-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Hopefully you'll have some tips on how to sneak booze aboard.

Oops! Did I say that?

Sorry.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:18 PM

You are excused because of your imminent cruise and the inherent giddiness with which you are now dealing. I think you are going to miss us, just maybe a little!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Oh, I don't know, I think a cruise guru needs to be held to a higher standard; giddiness needs to be contained just a little more....
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Dang Karrie who whittled in your wheaties? I did graduate in 1970 and what has that got to do with your wanting to rebel against a given dress code? There is a time and a place for everything.If you dress up and your husband doesn't won't you feel out of place? Let me tell you a quick story. I went on my first cruise last september. I forgot to bring my husband a dress shirt and tie! He's like awww it's ok no one will notice. Well guess what he was the only one there in A polo shirt and Khaki's! He WAS embarrased. HE Also is MR. REBEL. and I wore black slacks and a lace blouse, I was also embarrased as I was the only one at my dinner time that didn't have on a dress or a skirt.Well the next two cruises we went on I was prepared for. We are also jean kinda of people too in our 40's and 50's but I have to admit it's fun dressing up and we have great pictures. Oh I don't know what are the forks are used for either!Didikay...
Old 04-25-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goin' cruisin':
Oh, I don't know, I think a cruise guru needs to be held to a higher standard; giddiness needs to be contained just a little more....
I don't know if I will be able to handle being held to that standard. I know that screaming little guy inside me who says, "last one on the ship is a rotten egg!"

Closed Thread

Tags
black, caribbean, carnival, cruise, dinner, formal, high, husband, jeans, night, princess, prom, royal, tie, triumph, wear