Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Hello Everyone:

I told you all in a previous post, awhile back that I was planning on booking a cruise on the Carnival Legend, on the May 2nd sailing date.

That is because (if all goes well) the Legend will dock in Cozumel, Mexico on May 5th (Cinco de Mayo!!). Well I just want to tell you all that I went ahead and did it

I am excited and I don't know what to expect.

Has anyone here ever cruised on the Carnival Legend? Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:56 PM

Congrats, Frase!

I've cruised on the beautiful Carnival Legend and had a wonderful time. The ship lay out is just like the other Spirit class ships and is so easy to navigate. The ship is rather long so I'd try to get a cabin somewhere near mid-ship. The Aft Lido pool deck is a great place to enjoy breakfast with a view.

Dwayne
Old 02-21-2010, 11:15 PM
Thank you, Island Cruz. I am looking forward to cruising on the Legend too.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:04 AM

Congratulations, Frase! Make sure to enjoy a few Coronas in Cozumel. It should be a fun time! We're sailing on the 9th on the Valor, I'm ready to go now
Old 02-22-2010, 11:18 AM

I have sailed on the Legend as well. As stated above it is very easy to get around this ship. It is one of our favorite ships, we like all the spirit class ships. The service and food quality are great as well. You will really enjoy this ship I promise.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you for your replies.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Now, I need to decide what to do during my cruise onboard the Carnival Legend.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned

Enjoy your cruise and don't expect anything different in Mexico on that day. It is a Gringo thing.

To me the Legend is one of the nicer Carnival ships. The decor is based on legends. While walking around look at the theme and you will see a lot of legend murals, statues and etc. The name of the theater and bars are legend based. Read the Carnival book in the stateroom and it will explain a lot of the theme on the ship.

It is also one of the easier ships to get around on. You don't have to go up and around to get to another area on the same deck. All of the decks are walk thru.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:32 AM

Alas... I have to be the one to add any kind of cynicism to an otherwise celebratory post. Tis true that "Cinco de Mayo" is pretty much an American-fueled holiday. That being said, beware of opportunistic locals who are MORE than happy to help you celebrate. It's not a common thing but it does happen. A few years ago on a cruise that I was on while in port in Cozumel on May 5, a few passengers were plied with "free" tequila and subsequently robbed of money and anything else of value. I had a great time that day and I only had a hangover to show for it. Just be wary and understand that these are tough economic times in other parts of the world as well. Other than that, have a great time and bring back plenty of stories!!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you all for your replies.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cinco, cruise, de, frases, legend, mayo