Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 09:01 PM

Hi J,
It is tucked away under the Gifts section. Usually the prices here are the same on board, and they have added a wine search button. Here is a link if works.

http://carnival.com/BonVoyage/Defaul...at=Wine+Cellar

Hope this helps, and you have a wonderful cruise.

IslandCruz
Old 08-28-2006, 09:17 PM

As a follow-up, I just read that the prices on the list are inclusive of gratuity and delivery fee. It does not say what part of price is delivery fee. I have sent before and the price was the same on board with the automatic tip. At least will give you an idea of what they offer and a general price range.

IslandCruz
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 PM

We cruised out on the Pride June 25, 2006. It was out first cruise. The food was delicious! The buffet was called the "Mermaid Grille". I'm STILL not sure I hit every station...the M.G. was so huge! The Normandie dining room was sooo nice and we just fell in love with our servers (a man and a lady). My girls (18, 20 and 21) are still talking about our trip. I have added our pic link here...look toward the end... I have some pics of the food we were served in the Normandie and near the beginning of the pics some of the food we ate at the M.G. Bon Voyage!! I'm jealous!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/551948113QdsKyS
Old 08-28-2006, 10:49 PM

Hey CRUZLIN,

I found a sample menu on Carnival.com for the Captain's Welcome Dinner that you can print out for your Husband. You will need Adobe Acrobat, but most computers have it, or a built in pdf reader.

On the menu, I reccomend the Pumpkin Soup and Mississipi Delta Prawns "I call them big shrimp" for the starters, and if he loves shrimp he can order 2.

On this night will be the Lobster and Prime Rib also. I usually order both, but can't eat 2 potatos so I ask to leave one off. They come as entrees on seperate plates. If you have a really good waiter they will know what you are doing and put the Lobster on the other plate for you once they bring it to the table. If you have a "super waiter" they will even take out of the shell for you.

Just trying to redeem myself from the earlier miss-assumption. Here is the link.

http://carnival.com/CMS/Images/Georg.../Blanc_pdf.pdf

When Acrobat or whatever reader you have opens there will a print button..here I go assuming you might not know this

Best to you and husband,
IslandCruz
Old 08-29-2006, 10:05 AM

Island Cruz,
Thanks for your reply. That told me what I needed to know.
Old 09-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Hi IslandCruz,
Thanks a bunch for doing all that research....My Husband has been exercing day in and day out for this upcoming cruise....He is so excited and can't wait to feast like a king.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:07 AM

CRUZLIN,
You are quite welcome. The menus have International themes for the different nights. I think maybe American night they have Beef Wellington and is very good. They also have a Seafood entree with scallops in a croissant that is unbelievable, but I can't recall the name but always know it when I see it

Best to you,
IslandCruz

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, captains, carnical, carnival, coffees, cruises, dinner, food, free, menu, menues, menus, pride, sample, specialty, spirit