Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 PM

My husband would like to know if anyone has been on the carnival pride cruise to Mexico. He is wondering what type of food he will be able to eat.....specifically if he will be able to eat lobster, crab and/or steak and if it is all you can eat.

Thanks for any help addressing this very important issue. HA HA!!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 09:43 PM

Have not been on he pride but most of the CCL ships serve similar food. The menu changes in the main dinning room every night. The first formal night wil lbe "surf and turf" night. The have lobster or prime rib (I normally ask for one of each) There are steaks other nights, but most nights there is some form of seafood and a beef. If he REALLY want to eat good, you can pay ($30 a person I think) to go to the supper club. There is ALL you can eat of steak and lobster there.

Your husband will not starve. But it is not steak and potatoes every night. He can have 24/7 pizza at the pizza bar. Deli sandwiches, chinese food.. Hunger will NOT be an issue.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-26-2006, 10:10 PM

I was on the Pride March 2006 and the food is fantastic. There was a great selection. Everyone in my group was able to find something that suited them and more. You can have as many entrees as you would like but I think they serve so much food I was only able to eat one. On one night they would have some type of beef such as steak or prime rib, pork, chicken, and fish. I know there are some not so good reviews out there but go with an attitude that ou are going to experience it yourself and don't sweat the small stuff and I am sure you will have a great time.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:01 AM

My cruise experiences with Carnival have spanned almost 13 years. I have always found something to eat, and is usually exceptional even with 3 AM room service.

I would suggest the Husband to ask his Doctor if he will be able to eat Lobster. Carnival has the Lobster, but not Crabs, unless you get a cruise that they offer the famous from Miami in the Supper Club.

He will be able to order and eat all He wants off the Menu. They have a buffett, plus He can order multiple entrees in the Dining Room. He will be well fed.

I have never ordered steak, as I can get Prime Rib on the night it is featured. But Table mates have ordered a steak and they served it.

But if is your question will there be Lobster and Crabs on the buffet the answer is no.

I have never heard of someone having to have Lobster and Crab and Steak everyday, and consider Carnival as their choice of Cruise Line.

Sounds like you are trying to sell him the cruise and he is resisting with unrealistic expectations to counter you.

The food is great on Pride, and is the most beautiful ship I have ever sailed on.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Don't mean to come across any certain way, and I should not make assumptions. I have this bad habit of trying to read between the lines. I apologize for making any assumptions. If he likes to eat, he will be in heaven
Old 08-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by h2owatson:
I was on the Pride March 2006 and the food is fantastic. There was a great selection. Everyone in my group was able to find something that suited them and more. You can have as many entrees as you would like but I think they serve so much food I was only able to eat one. On one night they would have some type of beef such as steak or prime rib, pork, chicken, and fish. I know there are some not so good reviews out there but go with an attitude that ou are going to experience it yourself and don't sweat the small stuff and I am sure you will have a great time.
We were also on the Pride March 12, 2006 and the food was fine. One formal night is when the Lobster will flow and I do mean...eat as many as you want. Hubby always orders 2.

There will be lots of shrimp dishes either as an appetizer or an entree. You can also order entrees as an appetizer or 2 entrees etc etc etc

My favorite thing is to get 2 desserts.

And there is always pizza, the grill, the deli, sushi and the buffet...and if all else fails...room service. All of this is included. The only things that cost more are the speciality coffee bar and you can even get those for free after lunch and dinner in the formal dining rooms!

But one word of warning. I have eaten the sirloin steak on 12 different Carnival ships and it is always tough and dry. The rest of the beef fare is great 95% of the time. But since I only eat beef...I still order it. (but at least I know what I am getting before I order it)
Old 08-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
... I should not make assumptions.
I've been assuming you did this quite often.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:09 PM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their responses on behalf of my husband. Whom, I might add is in excellent shape, weighing 180 pounds, exercises daily, but loves to eat.

Thanks again.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LHP:
The only things that cost more are the speciality coffee bar and you can even get those for free after lunch and dinner in the formal dining rooms!
I did not know you could request specialty coffees in the dining rooms! That is really great to know for my future cruises!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Hi folks,
hope it's ok to ask this here. We are going on the Conquest Sept. 10 and have a question about wine. Does anyone know the price ranges of wine in the dining rooms? I'm trying to decide whether to bring my own or buy a bottle or two at dinner. I can't seem to find a price list on Carnivals site. Thirteen days until our first cruise and are soooo excited! Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
bar, captains, carnical, carnival, coffees, cruises, dinner, food, free, menu, menues, menus, pride, sample, specialty, spirit