Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 AM

Hello everyone. I was just wondering the policy for buying liquor in the ships gift shop. I hear from friends who have been on a Carnival cruise that you can get the liquor very cheap and that you can take it to your room with you. I am going on a cruise in a month and I just got my ticket book and it says that any liquor purchased in port or in the gift shop will be held until the end of the cruise. Does any one know if this is really what they do. A friend of mine just went 2 months ago and he said he took stuff back to his room. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:55 AM

We purchased alcohol while on board and were not allowed to take it to our room. We had to wait until the morning or the last day to have it sent to our room. However, a friend of mine went on a cruise and did purchase a bottle to use while on board but they charged him about $10 per bottle corkage fee. He said it was still cheaper doing it that way than purchasing drinks on board
Old 08-29-2006, 08:03 AM

did they offer to let you pay the extra or did they make you give it to them? Was it a carnival cruise that your friend went on? I wouldn't mind paying the extra if it ment we could save money.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM

I talked to my niece yesterday and she said they were able to take a bottle to their room and were charged a fee. She didn't remember how much, prabably 10 bucks. They were on rccl so not sure about carnival since our first cruise is in 11 days on conquest.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:59 AM

My friend did cruise on Carnival but he didn't tell me if they offered or not. When we bought ours they didn't offer but I assume that you will have to ask. I think the price with the fee will be approx the same price as you would get in a store maybe a tad less but then compare that price to buying drinks in the bar and it is still less
Old 08-29-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
thanks everyone for your help. I went ahead and called carnival and they let me buy a bottle for our room. If we need more I guess we will try the store. Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
buying, carnival, carnivalgift, cruise, forums, gift, liqour, liquor, mail, purchasing, ship, ships, shop, store, tips