Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Maureen, you are most welcome, and thank you for the compliments. So when are you leaving for this fantastic double cruise? It looks like a wonderful itinerary for both ships.

We won't go back there, but you are absolutely correct it does say that on page 118.

Well I'm glad you're feeling better because this sounds like an awesome vacation.

Dwayne
Old 10-05-2008, 09:35 AM

We sail out of San Diego on Spirit on Nov 28, the day ater Thanksgiving, for 8 days to the 3 more southern ports, then again out of San Diego on Dec 6 on Oosterdam to the 3 more northern ports. We've done back to back before but on the same ship . . this will be a bit different but I'm confident it will work out. Otherwise it will become one of those funny stories for the telling!

We haven't sailed Carnival since 2003 which was an Alaska cruise, and I'm looking forward to their relaxed upbeat culture. We're ready for some FUN time. Fall is in full swing here. We heat by wood now and we cranked up the woodstove for the first time this season last night. Thought we might wake up to snow this morning - we're at 8700 feet, but it drizzled a bit. That spiral water slide is sounding better with every drop of the thermometer here!

I'll keep in touch, though sometimes it's difficult...I'm on a phone line and this morning the phones were out, as often happens. Never a dull moment in the mountains...

And again thank you for your generous sharing
m--
Old 10-05-2008, 02:58 PM

We went on the Carnival spirit in Feb of 2007. My Aunt and Uncle wanted to go also. we were Past Cruiser they weren't. My TA called Carnival and asked them to extend the past cruiser rate to the other cabin, so we would not have to "split the cabins". Carnival was more than willing to do this. Has anyone tried just being up front with carnival and telling them what and why you want to do it?
BTW you will enjoy that cruise it is one of my favorite. Just the right amount of sea days and ports.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:37 PM

Gary, that would be the best way to do it if they will. This wasn't RMLincoln's fault though. And you are right the agent would have to call Carnival to do this. The agent can't do it on their own. I would like to try this cruise sometime, but it would be a long and expensive flight for me. Time sure is clicking down fast for our cruises.

Dwayne
Old 10-05-2008, 09:43 PM

I've read this with interest. My husband and I are past Carnival guests, and last year, I booked a cruise for us and two other couples, both new to cruising and Carnival. Our PVP gave our friends the past guest rate since they were on the same cruise with us. . . .They even got upgraded two decks. We got upgraded three decks. That was the only difference.

Read and post cruise reviews

Veracruz - '85
CCL Tropicale - '94
RCCL Adventure of the Seas - '05
CCL Valor - '06
CCL Victory - '06
Celebrity Century - '07
CCL Triumph - '07
CCL Victory - '08
NCL Gem - '10

Old 10-05-2008, 10:04 PM

Well, I must say I am glad it was posted. I've learned a few new things too. Especially about how the VIP rates work. And getting to know Maureen has been a pleasure.

Dwayne
Old 10-06-2008, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by IslandCruz:
Gary, that would be the best way to do it if they will. This wasn't RMLincoln's fault though. And you are right the agent would have to call Carnival to do this. The agent can't do it on their own. I would like to try this cruise sometime, but it would be a long and expensive flight for me. Time sure is clicking down fast for our cruises.

Dwayne
It is a great cruise. We end up sailing the from San Diego/Long Beach for the same reason.. it just cost to much to fly across the states.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:09 PM

Well we still haven't heard back from my letter to Carnival and I don't expect to at this point.

Our TA was aware of our situation and said he couldn't get a past pax rate until he put in a past pax number, so that is how the split reservation got started.

I'm sure it will all work out and we'll have a good time. My motto is that it's hard to have a bad day on a cruise ship!!! You all have helped me see beyond this hurdle. Thanks again.

I've seen the prices drop more since we booked but that's what happens when we make plans with others and have to lock in earlier than we'd usually if it's just the two of us. Then we can really find some last minute deals.
But this is where we're at now and it'll be great, I'm confident.

I'm now looking ahead to taking grandkids to Alaska next August and I'm not seeing Carnival ships on that route then. This may turn out to be our last Carnival cruise for a long time. There's still a house to finish building here in the mountains so the Alaska cruise will probably be our only one for next year. It'll be an expensive but memorable undertaking and unless the economy improves suddenly we may be like a lot of folks and watching for the very best sales.

I'll let you know if I hear back from Carnival.
m--
Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 AM

Would anyone be familiar with how Princess handles this type of situation? We are past paxs and would like to book a trip with my sister/husband who are not past paxs.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:20 PM

I'm not going to profess to be an expert on this issue and I'm learning that differnt peole have different experiences. But,

Last year when we were interested in booking Hawaii on Princess for us and this same other couple discussed above, we were told that Princess has a Share the Wealth program that will extend the discounted past pax rate to first time Princess cruisers IF the reservations are made for both couples/parties at the same time.

I'd be interested to know how this works out for you.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, cabins, carnival, carolina, emily, guests, keeping, myrtle, number, passanger, past, pax, pond, rate, south, split, start