Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 06:18 PM

Just got back Yesterday. nice ship . Did the beach at Costa mayo zip lines in Costa Rico and the Panama canale tour by boat. This was on the Carnival Liberty
Old 07-17-2007, 11:51 AM

Hey, time travler. Glad you had a nice time. I am doing this exact same cruise in October. I need to pick your brain. :-) (it won't hurt, I promise). How was the zip line excursion? Is it worth the money and how long were you actually on the thing?
Any info, good and bad will be greatly appeciated. Thank you much.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 PM

Welcome back time traveler, time to start planning your next cruise. It helps ease the pain of the disembarkation blues. Sounds like you enjoyed your cruise. Was the zip line scarey?
Old 07-17-2007, 03:52 PM

Thanks. No the zip lines were really fun, only 40ft up or so. you traveled at 8 to 16 miles an hour depending on the run.People of all ages were doing it .
Old 07-17-2007, 04:26 PM

hi gencan. The zip lines weren't scary at all. It takes about 2hr by bus to get there. The guide was very informativeduring our ride about Costa Rico.After you arrive and get to the area were you get your aquitment put on you'll spend about 40 minutes or so zipping and making your way to each area.I think the prise was about 125.00 ea. It is a little pricy, but if somthing you really want to do go for it.Other people in our group took the rain forrest,canales and bananna plantation tour and didn't care for it. We did the Panama canale tour by boat about 175.00 ea. This is an 1 1/2 hr ride by bus to the boat you take,you get all the soda and water you want and a sandwich pretty basic. You'll go thru 2sets of locks and 2 lakes. This was an all day trip. Most trips in Pannama were late getting back do to traffic on the roads or canale but thats not aproblem as long as you book yor trip with CCL.Costs Mayo we did a beach trip our first choice was booked a Catermaran snorkle trip. However the beach trip was nice. The beaches were nice,chairs shade clean bathrooms and the use of paddle boats and kayacks and free beer soda and some drinks with food avaiable for purchase.For these 3 excursions for 3 people we spent about $1030.00.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:50 PM

Thank you so much, travler. You mentioned the beach in Costa Maya...was that the Uvero beach by any chance?

You did all the excursions I'm thinking about doing. The zip line thingy sounds fun but I'm not really excited about the 2 hour bus ride though.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:04 AM

Thanks for your info time traveler. We're booked on the Liberty, same cruise in November, the Thanksgiving weekend. I wondered if the 175.00 was worth it...sounds like we made a good choice...thanks.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, carnivale, carnval, cruise, excursion, excursions, liberty, zipline