Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2008, 01:19 PM
As you know I have been traveling with carnival for a few years now
Well I love their cruise line

So I am always looking for specials on my next cruise, the other day I was looking the past guest section specials like " free upgrades if you book before march 31 2009" and the special cruises offers they have on your profile.

Here is what I like to know:

Is there ever have been an special from a cruise ship departing from Puerto Rico??

As you know I had travel with the Carnival Destiny a few years and I never found a past guest special on it but There was a few on the Carnival Victory by that time,
but now there is no special on Carnival Victory and there are no free upgrades on it for now.

Is this always the case??

Have there ever been a past guest cruise departing from Puerto Rico???
Old 07-17-2008, 01:48 PM

I was a past guest when I departed Puerto Rico on the Jubilee. Back then they didn't have the program, though. However, we got great rates.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:54 PM

Cas, unfortunately there are none listed at this time for 2008. I have never noticed that until you pointed it out. It seems strange they are not available on the San Juan sailings.

Dwayne
Old 07-19-2008, 03:41 PM
thanks for the comments
Actually is been three years I have been checking their site and since 2005 they have never had one departing from PUERTO RICO
so since I know they check comments on the internet forums I was just looking for them to note this for future past guest cruises specials
Old 07-19-2008, 05:02 PM

Cas, even though it doesn't appear they offer the upgrades often from SJ, they do have really great rates on Victory, especially in the Fall of 09. Destiny has past pax rates on the August 10, 24 and 31, 2008 sailings. There are a few dates where the past pax benefits help on Victory as well. Nov 9th is a good example, although the starting everybody rate is the same rate as the past guest rate, the everybody rate is for Cat 1A and past guests get a 4A for the same price. I didn't check all the dates but it does appear they do offer benefits on some dates for past pax.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-19-2008, 07:53 PM

Neil, they don't have them listed on the site. Or on the list I have. However, I did check their reservation system and found the ones you noted. They really need to update the site and list. This would help people plan and take advantage of them. I don't know if it will do any good, but I am going to mention this to them. And I hope they have someone reading this as well, as Cas mentioned.

Dwayne
Old 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info

I will check them but as you mentioned they should check their site
I know is a new site and they are working on it, but they really have to update it every now an then just to let cruisers know their new cruises specials.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 PM

Dwayne and Cas, I'm a little shocked that their own site is not reflecting the promos. The live feed system they use to update outside sites works fine and shows the promos. That's how I found out they existed. Funny that their live feed fixes rates and promos on other sites but not their own.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-20-2008, 08:55 PM

I just found one of the problems, aside from the list not being updated. In the fine print about the Past Cruise Specials it says to use promotional code CDP3. That returns an "invalid" code for the Destiny August 10th sailing I tested. If you use DP3, as I always do, it will show the upgrades.

I should make a list of all the inconsistencies with the new site I find and send it to them. Maybe I will get a free cruise.

Dwayne
Old 07-30-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Dwayne and Cas, I'm a little shocked that their own site is not reflecting the promos.
With their last maintenance shut down they added a 55 and over, and a Past Guest box you can check in the search box. Then when the search results are returned click on "View sail dates and pricing". Not a perfect solution, because it still doesn't bring up only the past guest cruises.

They still have some work to do on the site though. Does anyone else see the "Quick Search" green box on the left of the home page as covering up part of the pale blue bar?

I'm always afraid to ask, because sometimes I have computer issues.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, cruises, depart, destiny, guest, houston, party, past, rate, upgrade, work