Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 PM

I work with the military, so I haven't seen my family in a long time. My family recently informed me they will be cruising on Sept 23 with the Pride. I just got word the other day that I can actually take some leave. I've tried to book a cabin on the cruise, so I can be reunited with my family after over 2 years, but unfortunately it's sold out. They've put me on the wait list and told me I'm first on the list, but I'm skeptical. Anyone know what is the likelihood that someone on the waitlist actually gets on the ship? Does anyone ever cancel this late? Also, any tips or tricks on getting on the cruise? It would really suck if I couldn't see my family on my leave. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:49 PM

I think you need to go up the chain of Carnival Command!

There has got to be A A space available. Heck, they could even try reconfiguring people in certain cabins in order to fit you as a third person in your family's cabin. Call them back and speak to supervisors--go as high as you can.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM

It is very likely that someone could cancel by Sunday. Medical emergencies happen all the time causing people to cancel.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:02 PM

Hi hepcat13, Welcome to Cruise-Chat.

Got my fingers crossed you get onboard!

Dwayne
Old 09-19-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 1Sgt:
I think you need to go up the chain of Carnival Command!

There has got to be A A space available. Heck, they could even try reconfiguring people in certain cabins in order to fit you as a third person in your family's cabin. Call them back and speak to supervisors--go as high as you can.
I'm with 1Sgt, there has got to be a way that they can reconfigure things. Keep calling and good luck!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-19-2007, 07:57 AM
hepcap13 do any of your family members have a cabin that sleeps more than they are booked for? For instance we are booked on a Nov cruise and my son and niece are sharing a room that sleeps 3 so they could actually add one more person to their cabin. The only problem though if the ship is sold out it may have reached its people capacity and though there may be extra beds they cannot fill them. I found this out when we were booked on the Glory. Something to do with Coast Guard rules. I do agree though I would go higher up the chain of command but do speak to your family to see if their cabins hold more than they are booked for. On our last cruise my husband and I were also put in a 3 person cabin. I hope you are able to sail with your family. You will have a great time!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cancelling, carnival, carnivale, cruise, cruises, pride, ship, sold, tips, tricks, wait, waiting, waitlist, waitlists