Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2010, 12:52 PM

This is my first cruise and was wondering: is it a disappointment to be assigned a room that is on the upper deck but on the back of the ship? We have a chance to change it and be on outer side. I was just wondering if you are missing out or if there is even a difference? Our travel agent told us that we would see the boat waste but he also said that is where dolphins are most likely to be seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Hello Julia, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Please provide more information. Which ship, which itinerary, and which cabin number are you currently assigned?
Old 01-14-2010, 01:38 PM

Boat waste? The cruise ships are not allowed to discharge anything into the ocean. Do you mean boat wake? Dave is correct, give us more information and we can certainly help you out..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Aft Deck is great for sunsets....and yes, no Ship Waste...ever....had to have meant WAKE...
To me, anywhere on the ship is fine with me..Just so I'm on it....I would give your present cabin a try and on your next cruise, and I'm sure there will be a next one, try something different....Just go and have a really smashing good time...We all do:-)....

Bob E
Old 01-14-2010, 02:58 PM

Oh sorry. Yes I meant boat wake. We are cruising on Carnival Inspiration on March 8, 2010. Right now we are scheduled to be in U241. This is a wedding cruise for my fiance and I. We have 16 other people going on this cruise with us, so we do have the opportunity to switch. We make stops in Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Any advice would be appreciated
Old 01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Okay. Since this is the Inspiration and therefore you are not in an aft balcony cabin it's location is much less important. With a window you really aren't going to spend much (if any) time looking out at the sea. In other words there will be little real difference between your current cabin and any other standard outside cabin when it comes to the view. I wouldn't worry about changing.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:59 PM

Hi Julia,

Inspiration is smaller ship. If this is your first cruise, I would think you might want a cabin that is more central to avoid any motion. Considering you do not know how you will feel being your first time. In a cabin at the back of the ship, you will definitely feel more motion. You will not really be able to see the wake unless you are in a balcony cabin. I do not know if there are balcony cabins at the back of the Inspiration. On my very first cruise moons ago, I chose a balcony mid ship mid level in terms of decks and it ended up being smooth sailing on a ship called the Regal Princess which I am thinking was no more than 80,000 tons.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Administrator

As I said in my earlier message, there are no balcony cabins on the aft of the Inspiration.

Motion is subjective and more a function of the sea conditions than the cabin location. Now, when seas are choppy you will feel it more in cabins all the way forward and all the way aft, because of the tendency of a ship to roll (front-to-back movement) instead of pitch (side-to-side movement), which is mitigated by the stabilizers. However felt motion for most people when seas are "normal" is not a problem. If you are worried about motion sickness and can move to a cabin on a lower deck, on the side towards the center, perhaps you should consider it.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Hi Julia, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congrats on your first cruise!

U241 should be a nice and quiet cabin location. Not much traffic in the hallway at all, and it has cabins both above and below. I personally like the mid ship cabins on that class of ships because of the convenience factor. They are also more stable in unfavorable sea conditions. If I was on a Honey Moon though, I'd prefer the quieter location, as there is virtually no difference with normal sea conditions.

Also explore and search the Caribbean Port section of the forum located here. You'll find lots of good information about Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 01-14-2010, 07:46 PM

Thank you so much for all of your responses. I am so excited about my wedding cruise!

Closed Thread

Tags
241, cabin, carnival, cruise, fantasy, inspiration, room, u241