Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 12:44 PM

I love to play black jack and roulette. I was wondering how much the tables are. We love to go to laughlin because we can always find a two dollar table. I like to sit and play for a long time with out going broke. Thanks for any info you can give me.
April

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-29-2007, 03:15 PM

Blackjack tables on most ships begin at $5. I don't play roulette onboard the ships as thet only give you a 1 to 1 spread on RCCL/Celeb (there is usually one 2/1 night) and 2 to 1 on Carnival and many others. They really stack the odds against you on a ship.

There is often a single deck blackjack table, I like these best.

good luck, Neil
Old 10-29-2007, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by april:
We love to go to laughlin because we can always find a two dollar table.
April
April, I was really lucky with the machines on our last cruise and never even bothered with the tables. I really think they are much looser than the normal Vegas machines.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
April the tables on Carnival are usually $5.00 minimum bet. On the first night they will normally have a special of $2.00 and $3.00 tables. I think the roulette tables have a special the first night also. If you are good at blackjack keep in mind many of the players on the ships have never played before and tend to not play well. This will not be in your favor. On my last Carnival cruise I sat next to a girl who would hit 13, 14, 15 or 16 against a dealers 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 but stayed on a soft 16 against the dealers face card. I finally had enough and left. Then you have the ones that split 10s even if the dealer has a 10. At least with roulette table players have no effect on your betting.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:32 PM

question, what are the entrance fees for the slot/blackjack tourneys they have on the cruise?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 PM

The fee to enter the tourneys are $20. They always have them on sea days.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:39 PM

Only tourn I've entered on a ship was TX Hold'Em on RCCL and the buy in was, I believe $125. of which I think the house kept $25.

These were typically 7 player tourn as that's how many can be seated at the only table. So there was $700. in prize money for the winner each time. On the last night of the cruise there was enough demand for Hold'Em that thay converted one of the blackjack tables as there were plenty of empty seats at the multiple BJ tables. They're pretty good at improvising if there is demand and more revenue visible for the ship.

Cheers, Neil
Old 10-29-2007, 08:42 PM

Hi Neil,

The poker tourney sounds cool. Carnival only has blackjack and slot tourneys unless they have added poker within the last year.
Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM

Don't worry too much about the inexperienced player hitting on the wrong hands or not following what the odds would dictate. Sure they can take the card the table needed to bust the dealer but just as many times it works out the other way around. You just always remember the hand that it bit you on. If it bugs you and seems they're always taking the card you needed simply wait for a seat in the first position so they have to follow your play.

Cheers, Neil
Old 10-30-2007, 07:16 AM

The BJ tournaments on CCL have a $20 entry fee and you can enter as often as you like. They play 6 players to a table and play 7 hands for each table. Player with the most chips at the end of the 7 hands wins. Then that player's name and total goes onto the leader board if their total is greater than the best seven totals. So you are really playing against everyone that enters. So you can't just play to beat the current table, you have to play to rack up enough points to get on the board to get a spot at the final table. The final table you only have to beat the other players at the table to win it all. ITs not a BAD format, but I would like to see them play more than 7 hands. It doesn't take much of a bad card streak to kill your total in 7 hands.

Yes, they have a $3 minium table on the first day of the cruise. Then they typically have at least one $5 table open and then depending on the crowd, they will open $10 and $25 tables.

Craps on Carnival is 2x odds, on RCCL the craps table was one 1x odds (which is almost pointless) but they did have one night where they played 2X odds. CCL also has Let it Ride, three card poker, caribbean stud and roulette along with slots. The bigger ships have a hold-em table (the Spirit and the Conquest have one but I can't speak for the rest of the fleet)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread