Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 PM
I have never tried to get off early, but March 1, 2009 I can't find an afternoon flight home that is one I'd want to fly. It is reasonable to think I could get off at Miami by 10am to make a 11:30 flight? I always hear about the self debarkation, how does that work? Does Carnival let early flights off first?
Old 11-28-2008, 07:16 PM
You shouldn't have any problems getting off the ship early.....We get off as early as 7:30 to 8...and it's only a 20-30 minute drive to the airport if the traffic is not too bad...Just get an early departure tag for your luggage....
Happy Cruising.....I can't remember if Carnival has Express Departure like NCL...where you carry all of your own luggage off the ship....I'm sure someone will give your more details on this site...

Bob E
Old 11-28-2008, 07:26 PM

it will not be a problem. self dembarkation is great! for us it was smooth. it can be a little bit of a cattle call though. We were the second ones of the boat. your flight times are taken into account.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Typically, it's not a problem to be off the ship by 8:30 or 9 as Carnival does offer self dembarkation. However, keep in mind that the ship can arrive to Port late due to weather or mechanical issues. Most likely you will make you're flight if everything goes as planned but you're cutting close. Enjoy your cruise and good luck!
Old 11-29-2008, 01:43 AM

Quote:
I always hear about the self debarkation, how does that work? Does Carnival let early flights off first?
Hi CruiseDad, It means you will have to carry your luggage off the ship yourself. They usually call this group first for debarkation after the ship is cleared.

I am not certain, but I don't think the flight times are taken into consideration for this method of debarkation as to any order.

Another option is to go to the Info Desk with your flight Info and request an early Debarkation number for your luggage tags, and let them carry your luggage. The luggage should be placed in the the front section of the cruise terminal.

I agree with llev80 that it is cutting it close for any unforeseen delays. The normal would be just fine though.

Carnival does recommend the flight be no earlier than 11:30AM as is stated here.

Dwayne
Old 11-29-2008, 02:06 AM

Quote:
I can't remember if Carnival has Express Departure like NCL.
On my last Carnival cruise from Port Canaveral they did offer it for most airlines. I don't know the price details though.

Dwayne
Old 11-29-2008, 08:57 AM

Another sure way to beat the rush is to find out which floor they will call first in self-assist debarkation and be in that elevator foyer. The desk won't tell you but the cabin steward will! The floor you embarked on and the highest one are usually first called. On our recent Fantasy cruise, we were in the car and on the interstate before 8:00am.
Old 11-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks Everyone, This info will help a lot
Old 11-30-2008, 10:41 PM

I got some Info about the Express Luggage Service. The Info says $15 per person, I am not certain that is current though. The service is offered for the Carnival Triumph at Miami. It will be a limit of 2 bags per guests to be checked in. The flights must be on a participating airline on the same day of debarkation to a U.S. airport destination.

You can get this set up early in the cruise. The day prior to debarkation, the airline boarding passes, luggage tags, and a letter will be delivered to your cabin. Place the luggage outside the cabin at the designated time.

On the day of debarkation you can debark at your convenience is what it says. Just another option. I am glad this was asked, as it gave me an opportunity to learn more about this program.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, current, debark, debarking, departure, earliest, early, embark, flight, miami, port, time