Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 10:21 AM

When in doubt always go to this website here. Jamaica at the present time is not on the Travel Warning or Travel Alert status. I was just in Jamaica in February and had a wonderful time at the Dunn Falls. Between cruises and the all-inclusive resorts, thousands and thousands of Americans go to Jamaica weekly.
It is one of the top honeymoon destinations. Yes, things happen in Jamaica, just as they do anywhere. Right here in a town on the South side of Nashville I would be very cautious at night time. It doesn't matter where you travel in this world you have to use common sense.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:18 PM

Just because some people are "uncomfortable", doesn't mean other people won't be comfortable. Seems to me it would be a waist not to venture off the ship in Jamaica.

Sonny
Old 03-09-2008, 10:58 AM

It depends where you go in Jamaica. We went to a touristy place filled with tourists and a man came up to me and tied a bracelet on my wrist without me asking then he demanded 10 dollars from me and I basically told him to take it off and get out of my sight and he did without any problems... if you take pictures of people keep in mind that they will haunt you down for a few dollars because you took his or her picture. I would recommend you to book a Carnival excursion in Jamaica, then you should be safe. AFter the excursion you can enjoy a lunch and the views of Jamiaca from Lido. Hope this helps.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:18 PM

I've never been on a cruise to Jamaica, however my husband and I stayed at an all inclusive resort in Negril some years ago. It is a beautiful island and the people are friendly and proud of their nation. 2 incidences occurred in which we were uncomfortable...we toured a sugar plantation where we were the only non Jamaicans there. Don't get me wrong, they didn't do anything scary or aggressive... they just so wanted to please us that we felt like targets. The second incident was that a Jamaican taxi driver will stop anywhere if he sees you have your camera out..... narrow mountain road, single car bridge you name it. It was terrifying! We only used taxis and excursions booked thru the resort. Its probably a racket but we figured at least the desk person knew if we never made it back. So if we do anything this time around while cruising it will definately be something that we book thru the cruiseline. We would anyway with any excursion in any foreign country.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30 PM

I also have never cruise to Jamaica, but did an all-Inclusive there in 2000 for my 40th B-day. My best friend and I went and we are to Sistas who also were very careful and at times did not feel comfortable, so we stayed close to the resort area, now we had and ok time and Jamaica is very beautiful I've really had no desire to go back, at least for a land base vacation, but we are planning to cruise there in Apr 2009 and I think that will be better as if we want we don't have to get off the ship. My daughter just got married there on Feb 27 2008 only the bride and groom went to Jamaica and they had a blast!!! Just be careful when you are in any surroundings that are unfamiler.

Closed Thread

Tags
bamboo, cayman, grand, information, jamaica, jammica, powered, raft, tourist, vbulletin