Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 AM

Hello Guys,

After reading post on here, I see that many book their cruises 12-16 months in advance. I have done the same. Is anyone else going on the Miracle next spring on the Sunday, March 25th sailing? If so, any advice or comments you have would be appreciated -- if you have been on that cruise, your input would be great as well. Just wondering how the docks are in Cozumel since the storm. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-19-2006, 04:57 AM

Hello Guys,

After reading post on here, I see that many book their cruises 12-16 months in advance. I have done the same. Is anyone else going on the Miracle next spring on the Sunday, March 25th sailing? If so, any advice or comments you have would be appreciated -- if you have been on that cruise, your input would be great as well. Just wondering how the docks are in Cozumel since the storm. Looking forward to hearing from everyone.

Hope

Old 04-19-2006, 12:38 PM

I am going on the Miracle-Western Carib-May 7, 2006. I'll let you know when I get back.
Carnival Victory-04/18/10

Old 04-19-2006, 01:34 PM
I have not sailed on the Miracle, but my last cruise was on the Inspiration, which is a smaller Carnival ship and it uses the same dock (Pier#2)as the Miracle at the Port of Tampa.

If you are driving yourselves, make sure you get good driving directions to the Port of Tampa. I found it can be tricky going there for the first time.

If you are driving yourselves there, the easiest thing to do was to park in the long term parking garage. It is a little pricey ($12/day; paid all in advance) but it was very convinient. It is directly across the street from Pier #2. It was very easy to park your car, go down the elevator, cross the street, and walk right into the entrance of the pier. Just a few minutes for the whole process.

The last I heard about the docks in Cozumel, is that they are very busy down there repairing them. I heard someone say they maybe repaired and open as early as late summer to early fall this year.

Anyway, I also heard really excellent reviews about the Miracle. You should have a great time.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:16 AM

Thanks for sharing all the news and advice. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time.

Hope

Old 04-20-2006, 05:17 AM

That sounds great. I can't wait to hear about your trip. Take some pics to share with everyone on crusie-chat. Have a good time.

Hope

Old 04-22-2006, 11:17 PM

quote:
Posted April 19, 2006 12:38 PM
I am going on the Miracle-Western Carib-May 7, 2006. I'll let you know when I get back.

I am going on the same cruise/itenerary leavin' on July 9, so please keep me posted on your experience too... thnks
Old 04-23-2006, 06:46 AM

You will be going on your cruise before I do. I don't go until March of 07..............you'll have to update me on your trip. LOL Have a good time.

Hope

Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM

We are going a week after you on the April 8th, 2007 sailing. Looking forward to it too!
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 04-23-2006, 08:15 PM

Cool, have fun. BTW, I just got an email from cozumel news and they said that the docks there will be ready for ships --- no more tenders, except the Puerta Maya pier, that won't be ready until Aug. of 2007. Do you know which dock the Miracle docks from? Below is what the email said:
(www.wilmacozumel.com)
Cozumel's piers will be able to dock 4 cruise ships per day from October, said Victor Vivas González, head of Cozumel's Port Authority in an exclusive interview with wilmacozumel.com last week.

Passengers have been transferring by ferries since Hurricane Wilma damaged piers, but the International Pier recently re-opened its dock to accept one ship directly alongside per day.

In October, it will be ready to dock 2 ships. Punta Langosta will also be ready for 1 ship to dock in June and then 2 in October as well.

Carnival cruise line's Puerta Maya pier should be ready to re-open in August 2007, said Mr Vivas. He added that an agreement may soon be reached over $57 million in port fees that the Authority claimed Carnival owed them.

Carnival has been offered a large discount on the disputed debt and will be offered cheaper port fees in the future as well, said Mr Vivas.

He said this formed part of an attempt to attract more ships to the island in the summer months. The number of cruise ships coming to Cozumel in the summer is traditionally lower than the rest of the year. This is because many cruise lines run alternative summer routes to destinations like Alaska and New York.

Hope

Closed Thread