Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2008, 09:43 PM

Cas, I remember when they had the regular talent shows too. They had a dance couple once that could have been contenders on Dancing with the Stars! Maybe they haven't started the Legends show on Destiny yet.

Here is a really bad example of one.

Dwayne
Old 09-01-2008, 03:09 PM

omg that was funny! Thanks for sharing that, now I don't feel quite so bad about my awful Madonna wig lol
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 AM

I swear I don't know how the dancers kept a straight face during that!

Dwayne
Old 09-02-2008, 04:31 PM

Ear plugs?! lol
Old 09-02-2008, 09:32 PM

DJ Doreen

The Talent Show "talent"has been superb - outstanding on all 20+ CarnivalCruises we have been on. We do not care that much for the Legends and they seem to have a hard time getting anyone to try out for it on the last few we have seen. They do their own thing at the Karioke buy not the Legend choices.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:12 AM

I agree! I've always found the talent in the original shows much better and what if you have two "Aretha-like" singers...the person who doesn't get it won't really fit into any of the other Legends so that very talented person will be sitting out which is sad. I am going on the Destiny in a couple of months & I'm just hoping as I've read here, that it's the old version of talent show. The Carnival dancer did say they don't do it on the shorter cruises yet and the Destiny will be on a 4 night schedule then. Thanks for the info...Wish me luck!
Old 09-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DJDoreen:
I agree! I've always found the talent in the original shows much better and what if you have two "Aretha-like" singers...the person who doesn't get it won't really fit into any of the other Legends so that very talented person will be sitting out which is sad. I am going on the Destiny in a couple of months & I'm just hoping as I've read here, that it's the old version of talent show. The Carnival dancer did say they don't do it on the shorter cruises yet and the Destiny will be on a 4 night schedule then. Thanks for the info...Wish me luck!
DJ my daughter dances for Carnival and just finished a tour on the Destiny In June 08. My wife and I sailed her in April. It was a 7 day cruise and Legends was the show, I have seen legends twice and actually prefer it as a part of the audience. I've seen some very sad "talent" shows and don't go anymore. At least with Legends you get supported by the cast and dance and sing with the show girls and guys on stage with you. From my daughter's perspective it is more work but on the plus side puts up a more professional show and is more predictable. She has run into perfomers who do not want to take on the stage role and not wear the wigs or clothes, it makes it hard for them. What the performers should remember for Legends is that you become actors not just passengers doing amature singing.
But everyone has their own preferance. What is RCC doing or Princess? Is there a old style talent show on them?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:59 AM

Thanks for the inside view cruise dad! I'm sure your daughter is no where near the nightmare the glory's costume person was, and that is the difference. In this case,ALL I did was ask not to wear the wig and she said Carnival forces you to, she labled me a DIVA in front of the other ladies (who all said was unfair) and then I caught her griping about it to another dancer! I paid a lot of money for that cruise and I didn't need that! It was supposed to be fun. The least they should do is tell you what all is invovled when you try out, then you don't waste anyone's time. You're right, I think it'll be RCC or Princess next time. Not just for this reason - there were just too many bad things on this cruise to leave a bad Carnival taste. The more serious was the teen club mgr letting the kids play physical truth or dare AND calling them "gay" if you don't dance or join in whatever activity they are doing. This was not hearsay either, I actually heard the guy do both. The talent show was just the straw that broke the carnival camel's back for me But again, I'm sure your daughter doesn't conduct herself in either of the ways these two carnival employees did!
Old 09-03-2008, 01:08 PM

CORRECTION! As I read over my post, it appeared that I was saying your daughter could be a nightmare but that's not what I meant at all cruisedad I actually meant that most ship dancers do not conduct themselves the way the Glory one did and I'm sure your daughter fit into that catagory (the good one) I've cancelled my Carnival Cruise and rebooked on RCC so all is well

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, competition, cruise, dancers, destiny, passenger, ships, show, shows, talent, videos