Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 AM

Has anyone been on the Destiny lately? I'm wondering if they have the passenger talent show on this one or that ridiculous legends thing. I just went on the glory and was forced to wear a wig and stupid outfit and restricted to one song or not participate. Hey this shows me as a new cruiser but I've been on 12!...have to figure out how to change that!
Old 08-30-2008, 06:58 PM

Hi DJDoreen, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

We had the same type of show on the Legend last year. I think member Casanova was on the Destiny not too long ago, hopefully he or someone will know.

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Well they have a talent show
For all I know some passenger go to a Karoki audition on one of the bars during your cruise week, they select the best of them and then they let you sing one song on the palladium during friday or saturday night before leaving ship
Old 08-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Administrator

Hi DJDoreen, and welcome to cruise-chat.com. The "New Cruiser" designation is based on number of posts. Once you've made five posts, it will change to "Cruiser." It goes up from there, so keep posting!

Back to the topic at hand - We had the same on Victory last time, also. I didn't like it so much. For one thing, I could never get to karaoke as it conflicted with our dinner time! I also thought there should be some variety, not just singing. JMHO.

From Cas' response, it sounds like the Legends show is on Destiny, also.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I could never get to karaoke as it conflicted with our dinner time!
Lisa, That shouldn't be a problem shortly. The entire fleet is going to an Open Seating Option starting next year.

Yes, I recall talking with one of the talent coordinators that knows LHP. He said it was structured this way now.

I would give LHP a "ping", and ask for sure but I know she is getting ready to cruise tomorrow.

And BTW, LHP if you see this...

Bon Voyage

Dwayne
Old 08-31-2008, 07:05 AM

Thanks to all who posted! How cool this is to 'chat' with people who like to cruise like I do One of the staff told me Carnival is going to this format EXCEPT for shorter cruises. The one I am going on is 4 nights so I was hoping it was the old way on this one. I agree, it's almost impossible to get to karaoke and if you can, it's too late to get in to sing. They need to get a better method. I like the legends show but think you should be able to choose a singer and not just be one of the 8 or so that THEY pick. Anyone else agree?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DJDoreen:
Thanks to all who posted! How cool this is to 'chat' with people who like to cruise like I do One of the staff told me Carnival is going to this format EXCEPT for shorter cruises. The one I am going on is 4 nights so I was hoping it was the old way on this one. I agree, it's almost impossible to get to karaoke and if you can, it's too late to get in to sing. They need to get a better method. I like the legends show but think you should be able to choose a singer and not just be one of the 8 or so that THEY pick. Anyone else agree?
I have sung in about 12 Old fashioned talent shows and 5 Legends shows. I have been Aretha, Gloria (twice), Elton John (they don't allow different sexes to audition but they did not have anyone try out and I knew the song) and Cher (again not a usual passenger position ~~ the ACD usually does this slot...but he hurt his knee on the Legend and I knew the routine so I filled in).

I do love both venues. I love the costumes and the wigs. Elton John never looked so good!!!
But I also love the flexibility of the Talent Show.

I do understand why they added the Legend Show.'
In all our years of cruising, with the Talent Show....the Social Host never knew what they were going to get.

With the Legend Show, the karaoke host at least gets the chance to select someone who can carry a tune and Carnival can control the content.

We have seen good and not so good in both.

While I miss the Talent Shows, I understand why they went to the Legend. Carnival has invested the money in the costumes, copyrights etc so it will be in place for some time to come.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

Btw, yes we are :suppose: to be cruising tomorrow...but Gustav had different plans.

As of now it is Wednesday. thank goodness hubby brought his laptop with him!!!

We will have a good time come Wednesday!!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Well this is new to me

During your karoki night or in the palladium you are the one who choose which song you want to sing and there is no need to have any costume you are just yourself.
As far as I remember In all my trips in the carnival Destiny I don't remember anyone on a costume, well on my first trip on 2005 they really had the talent show where you do what you fill like it, magic, dancing ect. but thats no the case now, no they don't have the talent show anymore

Anyway the new show Rock!!!

Is a good activity also they even let us sing on spanish or any song we want to so is not that bad...
Old 08-31-2008, 04:44 PM

Oops I replied to "musical cruiser" by email and not here! I had a really BAD experience with it, that's all. It was an entertaining show. I guess it's something new that they said MOST of the ships are going to. Since that was one of my favorite parts (the old version) I'm thinking I'll go back to Royal Caribbean or try Princess. I am already booked on the Destiny Nov 13 though so not sure if I'll change that booking. I have until Sept 14 to do so...

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, competition, cruise, dancers, destiny, passenger, ships, show, shows, talent, videos