Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2003, 07:24 PM

Dear Readers,

Where should I stay in a OCean View (6A) on the bottom deck, or a Inside (4) on the top decks?? Has anyone been on the bottom? Is it as bad as they Say???
Old 01-15-2003, 07:24 PM

Dear Readers,

Where should I stay in a OCean View (6A) on the bottom deck, or a Inside (4) on the top decks?? Has anyone been on the bottom? Is it as bad as they Say???
Old 01-16-2003, 09:02 AM

B

I've stayed on alot of different decks and I know that some people complain about the engine noise on the lower decks. It is more noticeable, but I have never minded.
As far as ocean view; you probably want to think of how much time you plan on spending in your cabin, looking out the window.
Old 01-18-2003, 09:43 AM

First of all, what Ship?? Some are more worth the money than others.

Budget is something to consider, and what about a 6a gaurantee, where you could be upgraded??

I have been in a 4a with 4 people, it was liveable on our 2 Day Cruise to Nowhere, but for anything longer, FORGET IT.

Oceanview is nice, I have been in a 6b on the Triumph, the space and the light was wonderful. It made you feel less like you were indoors the whole trip.

Now, BALCONY is the only way I will go from now on. I was in a BB on Holland America (8a or 7a on CCL) And the view was wonderful, the fresh air, the space, the light. It is truly the only way to sail.

The idea that you don't spend alot of time in the cabin is somewhat accurate. But its also about how much you enjoy that time, and trust me, its MUCH nicer to go oceanview and even nicer to go balcony, but AGAIN, I wouldn't pay the prices they charge for a balcony on the Conquest. Shop around, and always ask about gaurantee cabins, they can get you a nice room cheap. And don't forget to keep checking rates, even after you are booked. CCL will upgrade you if the rates go down. Hope this helps
Old 01-30-2003, 08:06 AM

I have been on 5 carnival cruises. Have always had an outside cabin. It is nice to wake up in the mornings and be able to look outside and see what the weather is doing. We have been on the lowest deck and the highest deck. Makes no difference. To me, where the cabin is at is more important. We always go for the middle. Both ends are much rougher and you can feel the swaying more. I am also spoiled with the balcony cabins. They are wonderful (especially for Alaksa!) Once you do balcony, its difficult to go backwards.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:22 PM

this is for crewzing-------------
i hope what you said that ccl will upgrade you if the rates go down before your cruise.
i booked with a one week cruise on the norway about 3 months ago. it is for mar. 2nd. last week they were offering equal rooms for 30% less than what we paid. they will do nothing for us.

we also booked a 15 day panama canal, with balcony, on ccl pride for sept.7. needless to say i talked to my ta and to ccl directely . asked them what there policy is when you book in advance as the cruise lines try to promote and then the price is lowered shortly before the cruise. it has been a week and nobody will commit to anything.

i guess after this i will wait until the last minute and grab a deal
Old 02-16-2003, 08:16 PM

On our first cruise on Princess we had a balcony mini-suite. On every cruise since then we've had an inside cabin. The reason is simple: while a balcony feels wonderful, it simply isn't worth the extra money. While you might get to sit at the captain's table (we did on the Princess) you get the same food as the guy who paid 1/5th the price for his cruise and who got an inside cabin.

On a cruise, you don't spend that much time in your cabin if you in fact have a brain in your head to begin with. That is because the bulk of the activities are to be found OUTSIDE your cabin (if you are honeymooning, you may safely ignore this advice). We now book an inside cabin and spend the money we save (an average of 800 to 1200 per cruise) on shore excursions. We take lots of film and make lots of memories and THAT is where the value is in cruising.

So, follow the advice of others if the perception of cruising with the "pardon me, do you have any grey poupon" crowd is what you're after. But if you want to go again and have a good time with the money you saved, book an inside cabin and spend your time cruising outside the cabin!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:22 AM

I got a 6A guarantee and now I was moved up to an 8B, I saved myself the extra $300.00 p/p. I might as well take the upgrade, because I didnt have to pay the difference, by the way GG it is my honeymoon trip ;-)
Old 02-18-2003, 11:04 AM

We had an inside cabin on the Oriana which was fantastic, and have decided to stick with the inside option which means we can cruise more often! Maybe one day we may have balcony money but for now I would much rather cruise as often as possible for the cheapset budget!

Caroline Bailey
Old 02-23-2003, 10:11 AM

Our first cruise we booked an inside but was upgraded to outside. Now that I've been in an outside I won't take an inside. It's really nice to look out and see the weather or see as you are coming into port. I would love to try a balcony but can't justify the cost so at least I'm meeting in the middle! I also have to make sure I'm in the middle of the ship so I don't feel the movement as much. We booked 6B right in the middle. I like it lower in the ship as well for less movement. I can feel everything!

Destiny 1999
Victory 03/30/2003 Getting Married!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, carnival, cruise, destiny, gg, guarantee, inside, line, ocean, oceanview, review, room, staying, view, viewcaribbean