Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Banned

I'm scheduled to cruise on the Holiday Sept. 6, 2007. I'm becoming more and more giddy everyday! My first/last cruise was on the SS Constitution in 1967 when my family moved from Naples, Italy back to the states via New York. This new cruise will be the first stepping stone to what I hope will be a regular thing.
I'm curious, does anybody know a source for the prices for spa and hair salon services?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:13 AM

I just went on Holiday in June. A hot rock massage, which my wife loved, costs about 100-150. They are good but beware the whole idea is to sell you lotions and potions. Be careful. The beauty salon is very good, but about double what you'd normally pay. And they DO work for tips...and they'll be happy to let you know that. Overall, they do a great job, but just not cheap.
Old 08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Banned

PA Steve:
Thanks for your response. I found it humorous that I mentioned this was a "stepping stone" cruise and you told me the price of a "hot rock" massage.
Everything I've read about the spa services is the high pressure sales for products. I despise sales pressure on a leisure vacation and should probably steer clear of the area all together. Three months ago, I landed on a site that had the prices for the hair salon. But, I cannot remember which one of the hundreds of sites I have researched.
I wanted to put some life into my long hair for the formal event. Since I'm not allowed to take a curling iron or hot curlers (1980's flashback) I guess I'll have to go to WalMart for some ghetto curlers and a do-rag or sit in my room for a couple of hours while it sets. The more I think about it, the less I care about my hair.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Banned

Suzycruise, There will be high pressure sales after your service is complete. A firm "no" will do the trick. You will, undoubtedly, pay slightly more for spa treatments on a cruise.

You are under no obligation, whatsoever, to purchase anything.

It's your cruise and if a spa treatment makes you feel relaxed and invigorated, spoil yourself.

A'ndrea
Old 08-15-2007, 05:40 PM
Banned

I want to add... I don't travel without my flat iron. You can bring a curling iron or hot rollers, if you choose.

A'ndrea
Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Thanks A'ndrea,
I've researched every bit of information available on carnival.com and got my facts screwed up. Information overload! Items not allowed are "irons, heating pads, and candles." I guess I coverted that in my mind to curling irons and hot rollers. Now I will be stunning!
Thanks
Old 08-17-2007, 03:55 PM
Banned

Suzycruise, I know how you feel. I love my flat iron. I'm transformed after I use it.
Taa Daa....

A'ndrea
Old 08-18-2007, 05:17 AM

What is a flat iron?

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-18-2007, 06:34 AM
Banned

A flat iron is a flat, ceramic styling tool, along the same lines as a curling iron, used primarily for the straightening of hair.

Basically, God's gift to women!

A'ndrea
Old 08-18-2007, 08:47 AM

By the way...my wife said nothing about it being HIGH PRESSURED. They offered and she politely declined and it was done.

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, bring, caribbean, cruise, curling, flat, holiday, iron, irons, reviews, royal, services, ships, spa