Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:27 AM

CruiseMstr, I have read several reports of problems with the embarkation process with this cruise. You are right, it was a mess. I only took issue with the number of workers you stated as being there. Apparently there was a computer glitch of some sort during embarkation and they had limited terminals to work with. I don't like waiting in lines either.

Dwayne
Old 12-03-2008, 07:00 AM
Yes i know the feeling, it was a big mess because there was regular cruisers and vip cruisers that were checking in at the same time so what the did they would take a regular cruiser than next a vip cruiser and so on and so on, so thats what made it very very long but the way they handled debarkation was fantastic they got you off very quickly. I waited to be the last to get off since i was scheduled to leave Fort Lauderdale at 2:20 that afternoon. But like i said i will say this about this cruise the service was OUTSTANDING i have never ever had service like this on any other cruise ship. Now dont get me wrong RCL has great service as well but the way they handled it on this cruise kinda made me overlook some of the problems on board. I was very suprised that every time i saw my steward he remembered me and my spouses name so did our waitress. I was very very impressed by that.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 12-03-2008, 08:01 AM

I have to say that from the beginning of this post, I believed every word CruiseMstr said. We were not on the Splendor, but our Carnival cruise on the Fantasy was not what I expected. The food was indeed terrible and the wait lines for Embarkation/Disembarkation were very long. We waited two hours or more for each. I will give Carnival another try, but if it is the same way next time, that will be the last time. Fortunately, we had a lot of teenagers on our cruise, but they were very well behaved.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:38 PM

I used to be a Carnival loyalist but I can definitely attest to everything CruiseMstr has said about this cruise- I was there. When we first got to the port, we were herded into a small room with only a couple of agents that were processing passengers. After a fairly long wait, we were led into the larger room where we stood in an even longer line- apparently a couple of the agents had gone on lunch, some of the computers were down and other agents were helping new employees who were obviously in training. When we finally got to the counter, the agent's system was down and she had to process us manually.

That wasn't the biggest problem... Carnival's food services initially earned high points from me when I sailed on Imagination 2 years ago, but apparently something has gone wrong. I love beef as much as any other red-blooded carniverous American, but dag...that poor cow was reconstituted every night in some manner or the other. I was pleased to see the Stir fry station, but even the noodle bowls were bland-tasting. I pretty much resolved myself after a couple of days to the burgers served on Lido deck ( I hate pizza, so that wasn't an option) and The Rotisserie(passable at best). Basically, the food served in Splendido was run-of-the-mill Golden Corral redux. I will give high marks to the chocolate chip cookies-they were great! The dinners I had in Golden Pearl were presented creatively enough to make even Emerill or Tyler Florence proud, but were basically bland and uninspired. As I've stated in another post, Thanksgiving dinner was by far the most horrid meal I've ever eaten-. Pressed turkey, an overly-sweet stuffing made almost inedible by the overpowering mango mixed in, and a spoonful of watery mashed potatoes that was all but destroyed by the thin, watery gravy that dominated the plate. Despite all of this, I will definitely give kudos to my server, a very sweet and attentive lady named Ivana-she was excellent!

The unruly teenagers were definitely another low-point of the trip. Trivia games and quiet conversations were interrupted by 13-16 year-olds running pell mell through the thoroughfares, almost knocking over elderly people without even an apology. They played stupid games like "let's hold up the elevator"-causing annoyance to myself and other cruisers that I spoke with (complaints were filed to Carnival officials-but nothing was done about the unruly behavior). The teen club occupied them for most of the time, but they couldn't hold them in all the time, regrettably...I really wish my children would act like that in public-they would be grounded for life.

I enjoyed 2 of the 5 destinations. I wish we could've gotten to Puerto Rico earlier-by the time we disembarked, it was nightfall and a lot of the shops were closed, and the other sites were not as remarkable in the rain and dark of night. St. Thomas was wonderful, but they definitely could have left off boring La Romana and Turks/Caicos. I've always enjoyed Nassau.

All and all, it was what it was. I can't say I was sad to head back home because after 8 days of bad food, crazy teenagers, and general boredom (only so many games of trivia and "ships on a stick" you can win), I was ready to see Georgia again.

Highlights- The shows were pretty great- especially The Legends show on the last night. The chocolate chip cookies and apple pie, Ivana's attentiveness, Nassau, St. Thomas

Lowlights-Basically everything else...
Old 12-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator

So - CruiseMstr and AdmiralM...given you both have the same internet IP address and were on the same cruise, can I assume you are friends or perhaps married or something similar?
Old 12-03-2008, 08:19 PM

hummmmmm intresting, very intresting
Old 12-04-2008, 05:42 AM

Yes, we are...but since I am entitled to my opinion on these ships and this is allegedly what this forum is for, I can give it.

Not everybody is going to love everything about the cruise. I didn't hate everything, but for the most part, it left me with a very unflattering impression of Carnival. Next cruise will definitely be back on Royal Carribean or we may try Princess or Celebrity.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Yes me and AdmiralM. are married but i really dont see what difference that makes as far as both of us sharing our own version of what happened on this cruise. Just because we are married doesnt mean that we have a one track mind, I may have loved it and he may have hated it, that's why we both have different opinions of what happened. His story was a lil different from what i previously posted. I'm in just disbelief that it was so serious to look up the IP address to see if we are related or married now that I'm truly truly shocked about because it isnt that serious at all. Everybody that takes a cruise isn't going to have a wonderful wonderful wonderful review to give after each return.

Caribbean Resort Reviews
Old 12-04-2008, 08:47 AM
Administrator

There is no problem with both of you giving your opinions. However, when one of you posts and then the other follows up shortly thereafter, with a post that seems to parrot the other one, it looks suspicious. As an admin I have a duty to check it out when something seems unusual. In this case it appeared one person was using two accounts to make posts. Hence my question to you. It also doesn't take me much effort to instantly see where a post is coming from. It isn't as though I had to do a big whois search. I have a forum control panel which allows me to do and see many things.

So now that we know who everyone is, please return to the topic at hand.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:28 AM
well to me it wasn't that serious to me at all to have to make up a extra account just to get my point across because i dont care one way or another if someone totally believes in what im saying to be true, i'm going to tell it like i see it that's just who i am. And i was at the topic at hand i stayed on the topic but the last post drifted me toward what i previously posted but i'm done with it i voiced my opinion regarding this matter so i'm done no need to keep going back and forth at all.

Caribbean Resort Reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
21, carnival, club, cruise, december, forum, kids, levels, port, puerto, reviews, rico, spledor, splendor, yahoo