Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 AM

I was wondering if it is a good idea to purchase the drink coupons which is good for 4 Drinks for $19.50? I am vacationing on the Carnival Fantasy with my husband and our two friends and we are a little concerned we are going to spend a lot of mulla on alcohol

I think I am going to try and smuggle some on board in water bottles (clear alcohol)-has anyone tried this and succeeded? I definately want to purchase some on board the ship but looking to keep the bar tab to a minimum...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

THANKS!!!
Old 08-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Are there restrictions to what drinks the coupons can be used for? That is not a big savings off the normal price. Does it also include the tip? The daily specials are usually $3.

On my last cruise some of the people at my dinner table had brought vodka abord. They managed to get two gallons of Grey Goose on the ship. Seems they were in the party mode. They also had their DJ equipment and disco lights for their suite.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 08-07-2005, 05:12 AM

I have personally packed 2 bottles of wine and a 12 pack of Beer in my checked baggage. Next time I think I'm gonna forgoe the extra clothes and just pack a Bar Suitcase! I hate when those sign and sail accounts reach 3-4 pages!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 06:27 AM
Amen to that!!!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
As long as the sail & Sign is not more than the cruise.

Those guys on my last cruise that brought the Grey Goose aboard also ran up a huge bar bill. The last I heard they had spent $3,000 and were going to put another $1,500 in their account. I never saw one of them without a drink.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......
Old 08-12-2005, 07:53 PM

Yes, the coupon does include the tip. I think I will put some clear alcohol in water bottles and close them really tight. Our group is quite the partying crowd so I do not want to spend too much.

Larry- I cannot believe those people spent $3,000 on drinks. They must have been purchasing top of the line alcohol. I sure hope so!

Thanks for the advice
Old 08-13-2005, 11:50 AM

Before you get on the ship there will be a place selling any kind of alcohol you could possibly want. Buy all you want and put a bottle or two in your tote bag/purse/ect., and just carry it onboard with you. Nobody will say a word to you. They scanned my tote bag and never said a word about the alcohol. If perhaps they do happen to say something, all you will have to do is let them store it for you until the end of the cruise. We took 2 bottles of coconut rum to our room in my tote bad and let them store the other 3. They bring your alcohol to you the night before you are to depart the ship. No problem...have fun..where are you going?? If you keep your mouth shutt and put the bottles so they are not seen, you will be just fine.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:58 PM

I will try every means possible, I should be able to smuggle something with me!

We are going on the four night vacation to the Bahama's in October. I cannot wait...

Closed Thread

Tags
ahead, alcohol, buy, carnival, coupon, coupons, cruise, cruises, drink, fascination, forums, imagination, liberty, onboard, vouchers