Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 AM

I am so afraid of sea sickness we are crusin in Sept. what is the best part of the ship to be in cabin wise? I booked inside statement guar. hopefully we will be okay.

thanks
sassychic
Old 06-05-2007, 10:51 AM

Inside or outside makes no difference. Try to be in the middle and lower. But in all honesty, my opinion is that you feel just as much movement in a car or on an airplane than you feel on a ship. Go to the store and by some BONINE...you can take one up to 3 times a day and it works great for motion sicknedd. Bonine WILL make you a bit sleepy to you may want to use it only at night. For the most part, you're so busy having fun on your cruise there's no time to notice the boat moving.

And even thought I was born in Lancaster, PA, the PA in my name is for Physician Assistant.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Ship, ship, ship! Just yankin' your chain Steve. I still say:
1. The mindset is the major player in sea sickness
2. The best thing for sea sickness is ginger. However I have heard that Bonine is best. But since I haven't sailed with Bonine, I am not qualified to give advice or an opinion.

Steve, What is new in the world of absorbable sutures? When I left the operating room we were using vicryl, tevdec and lots of chromic and needles that released the suture with a gentle tug. (not to be confused with the tug "boat".)
Old 06-05-2007, 11:49 AM

I can't ever remember if it's a ship or a boat. There must be an easier word.

I work in cardiology so I don't know that much about sutures. But teh last I worked in the ER it was stgill pretty much vicryl and chromic.

Either will work...so suture self!!

HA HA HA HAH

Have a great day all from beautiful Roanoke Rapids, NC!
Old 06-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Ooohh; I just saw one fly over the bow, Ken.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM

I went to Walgreens and asked the Pharmacist what he would recommend. He showed me Bonnie and the Walgreen's brand (for Bonnie), BOTH have the SAME (25mg) of the med. for sea sickness in them, and he said that the Walgreen's brand will not make you as drowsy, plus it is cheaper. He said that it is what HE takes on cruises. Hope this helps
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Thanks to all for the information
Old 06-05-2007, 12:30 PM

If each product has 25mg of Meclizine in it, just how does the Walgreen's brand cause less drowsiness??? Sounds like someone's got some oceanfront property to sell. But if it costs less, it's certainly worth it. They're both pretty cheap anyway! But they will BOTH cause the same ammount of drowsiness.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Good point Steve. I just thought he might have been talking about some other ingredient, but they do have the same amount of Meclizine(couldn't remember the name before) in them. As long as it makes sure that my stateroom bathroom is not the place that I spend the most amount of time in on my cruise, then I am good to go.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:21 PM

Ginger and green apples work as well. They have ginger candies at health food stores and usually have green apples on board. Another great remedy for an upset stomach is sprite with a few shot of bitters in it. Best wishes!

Closed Thread

Tags
baby, bonie, bonnie, carnival, costa, cruise, cruises, fascination, motion, post, review, reviews, sea, ship, sickness, stabilizers