Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2003, 05:27 PM

I'M NEW TO THE BOARD AND THANKS FOR THE MANY POINTERS.
WE ARE GOING OUT OF LONG BEACH THANKSGIVING WEEK ON THE "PRIDE". I COULD USE SOME INFO ANY INPUT WOULD CERTAINLY BE APPRECIATED:
1) CHECKING IN AT THE QUEEN MARY (IS THIS A TIMESAVER)? ITS NOT NOTED IN BOOK NOR ADVISED ANYWHERE BUT WAS POSTED BY THE ONE PARTY I COULD FIND ON THIS BOARD THAT HAS DONE THIS RUN.IF NOT WHAT WAS THE WAIT TIME B4 BOARDING?
2) ARE THEY CHECKING THROUGH LUGGAGE AT ALL? (ALCOHOL) FOR CABIN?
3) DID ANYONE NOTICE ROBES PROVIDED IN THE ROOM (I'M IN CATAGORY 8-H PROMENADE DECK)IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
4) IS THE SUPPER CLUB WORTH THE CHANGE OUT OF THE DINING ROOM? IS THE SERVICE GOOD IN THE DINING ROOM?
5)APPAREL FOR DINING ROOM OTHER THAN CAPT. DINNER ARE JEANS AND HAWAIIAN SHIRTS ACCEPTABLE?
6)STORAGE FOR LUGGAGE IN YOUR CABIN? IS THERE ALOT? I HAVE ANOTHER COUPLE W/2-CHILDREN IN AN INSIDE CABIN,WAS THERE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR STORAGE OF LUGGAGE?
7) AND FINALLY, HAS ANYONE BEEN ON THIS SHIP TO THESE PORTS WITH CHILDREN AND THEIR INPUT ON "CAMP CARNIVAL" (HOURS/ATTENTION/ACTIVITIES) ACCEPTABLE OR QUESTIONABLE?
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT ON THIS. I HAVE READ SEVERAL (GOOD & BAD) ON THE PRIDE OUT OF FLA. BUT VERY LITTLE OUT OF THE LONG BEACH PORT TO MX., GUESS TO ITS BEING NEW THERE. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON IN-PORT ACTIVITES?
THANK YOU MUCH
MD
Old 11-14-2003, 05:27 PM

I'M NEW TO THE BOARD AND THANKS FOR THE MANY POINTERS.
WE ARE GOING OUT OF LONG BEACH THANKSGIVING WEEK ON THE "PRIDE". I COULD USE SOME INFO ANY INPUT WOULD CERTAINLY BE APPRECIATED:
1) CHECKING IN AT THE QUEEN MARY (IS THIS A TIMESAVER)? ITS NOT NOTED IN BOOK NOR ADVISED ANYWHERE BUT WAS POSTED BY THE ONE PARTY I COULD FIND ON THIS BOARD THAT HAS DONE THIS RUN.IF NOT WHAT WAS THE WAIT TIME B4 BOARDING?
2) ARE THEY CHECKING THROUGH LUGGAGE AT ALL? (ALCOHOL) FOR CABIN?
3) DID ANYONE NOTICE ROBES PROVIDED IN THE ROOM (I'M IN CATAGORY 8-H PROMENADE DECK)IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE.
4) IS THE SUPPER CLUB WORTH THE CHANGE OUT OF THE DINING ROOM? IS THE SERVICE GOOD IN THE DINING ROOM?
5)APPAREL FOR DINING ROOM OTHER THAN CAPT. DINNER ARE JEANS AND HAWAIIAN SHIRTS ACCEPTABLE?
6)STORAGE FOR LUGGAGE IN YOUR CABIN? IS THERE ALOT? I HAVE ANOTHER COUPLE W/2-CHILDREN IN AN INSIDE CABIN,WAS THERE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR STORAGE OF LUGGAGE?
7) AND FINALLY, HAS ANYONE BEEN ON THIS SHIP TO THESE PORTS WITH CHILDREN AND THEIR INPUT ON "CAMP CARNIVAL" (HOURS/ATTENTION/ACTIVITIES) ACCEPTABLE OR QUESTIONABLE?
I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT ON THIS. I HAVE READ SEVERAL (GOOD & BAD) ON THE PRIDE OUT OF FLA. BUT VERY LITTLE OUT OF THE LONG BEACH PORT TO MX., GUESS TO ITS BEING NEW THERE. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON IN-PORT ACTIVITES?
THANK YOU MUCH
MD
Old 11-16-2003, 04:46 PM

We are sailing the Carnival Pride 11/30/03.
This is our 7th Carnival Cruise!
We have never checked in early. We usually book our own air and arrive one or two days early.
We will go to the cruise terminal early on Sunday- by 10:30 or 11:00 or so. Luggage is checked through and will show up in your stateroom.
We always get an outside cabin with balcony, and they do come with robes. I don't think the cabins on the inside or without balcony get them. You can buy them tho!!!
Personally, I would never wear jeans to dinner in the dining room. Jeans are OK for breakfast or lunch, but not in the evening. Hawaiian shirt is probably OK with dockers....
We always have enough room for storage under the beds and we have a ton of luggage!
I hope this helps and have a wonderful vacation!
Old 11-25-2003, 03:34 PM

We got off the pride on 11/16. Had a great cruise!

We checked in early at the Queen Mary (first drop bags with porter then walk over to the queen mary to early check in (watch for signs) then about 11am when everyone starts lining up to board, there is a huge line that people haven't prechecked in and a small one if you have! It was very efficient.

We took 3 big bags that we gave to the porters (gave him $20) each had 2 bottles of wine and a 1/5 of vodka. In our backpacks we also each carried 3 bottles of wine. We had pleanty and never had a problem.

We had robes but we were in a Suite. I believe as long as you have an oceanview you will get a robe to use.

We had great service in the dining room and never felt the need to go to David's. I wouldn't wear jeans in the dining room. My dh always wore nice pants and hawaiian shirts while I always had either a skirt/dress or slacks.

We had pleanty of storage space but we had a walk in closet in the Suite. Our last cruise (Triumph in March 03) our kids had an inside room and they seemed to have pleanty of space (they didn't get robes being on the inside)

We didn't take our kids on this cruise but my sister took her young kids (6,7) on the cruise in March and the kids loved camp carnival.

We had a great time, I'm sure you will too!

Closed Thread