Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2008, 02:49 PM

I'm wondering which ships have the waterslides for the kids(and Dad). Also, does anyone have any experience with booking a trip with a TA vs. using Carnivals site? I got a quote from a TA that was pretty similar to the quote with Carnival. So I'm wondering if there are any benefits of using a TA. Thanks for your help
Old 08-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat!

All Carnival ships have slides, but only the Carnival Dream (sailing next year), the Imagination, and the Inspiration have the new "WaterWorks" parks with some REALLY big slides. They look like fun. Carnival is planning to add them to all the Fantasy-class ships. In fact, the Carnival Fantasy is next for the upgrade. It is getting refitted this fall.

I always use an agent. It is typical for prices to be the same between an agent and booking direct. Actually, an agent can be cheaper if they have blocked out group space on a sailing, where they can get a break on pricing. But regardless, the most important thing about an agent is they are an advocate for you. Except for group cruises, I've used the same agent for my family cruises for over 10 years. She takes care of me and gets me deals, onboard credits, wine, etc.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:21 PM

thanks for the welcome and the reply!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:17 PM

Hi Peacefrog, Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

I can't really add anything to what Dave posted. Just wanted to welcome you aboard as well.

Dwayne
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 PM

Thanks Dwayne. I do have another question. It's been ten years since my last cruise(honeymoon) and am booking for 10 year anniversary w/ kids. Does anyone find that cruise prices go down closer to departure? I thought I remember reading somewhere to wait closer to date to book. Any experience?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM

It's always better to book earlier. If prices go down, you can speak with your TA and get the credit. However, if you wait and prices go up, you are out of luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought I remember reading somewhere to wait closer to date to book.
You may find a cruise that hasn't sold well where they drop fares in an attempt to fill the ship, but the best advice today is book early (and book often!). Mike's advice is exactly correct.

Another issue is cabin choice. Wait too long and you may not have a lot of choices as far as categories or locations. The least desirable cabins may be the only ones left. On our cruise to Alaska in June, one month out I checked and they had just a couple standard cabins and the Royal Suite left. And the prices had increased since I booked the cruise over a year earlier.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 11:41 PM

Book early! For all of the reasons stated above. It could go either way. For example; My cruise has went up, I am protected. My friend's cruise has went down a little and they got a price adjustment (after I told them about it). Another thing is the cabin selection that Dave mentioned. I booked early with a special and had my choice of available cabins within 5 categories.

Dwayne
Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 AM

Quote:
and am booking for 10 year anniversary w/ kids. Does anyone find that cruise prices go down closer to departure?
To add to what ahs been said about cabin selection, another reason to book early is that not all cabins hold more than two people. If you're going during the summer or holiday time, when lots of families will be onboard, you want to book early to be sure to get a room that holds more than two people.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
closer, cruise, cruises, date, price, prices, slides, water