Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Anyone with a good way to find your cabin number on a guarantee with 3 months out from sailing? Or will we have to wait til closer to sail date?
Sovereign of the Seas 3/04
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Majesty of the Seas 5/03
Adventure of the Seas 10/02
Majesty of the Seas 6/02
Sovereign of the Seas 11/01
Explorer of the Seas 10/01
Carnival Paradise 10/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/98 ~ New cruisers are Born!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:45 PM

There is no way of having the cabin assigned until the cruiseline issues the cabins. Well, I take that back. You can always pay a higher rate for an assigned cabin. The reason for the lower promotional rates on Guar status cabins is so the cruiseline can assign you whatever they have left after the people who pay add'l to choose have made their choices. Many people are willing to pay more to choose their deck or have cabins side by side for families and groups traveling together. You pay less but don't get to choose. You also increase your odds of complimentray upgrades if you take a guar cabin. I do it frequently.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-19-2007, 10:14 PM

It is quicker than it use to be in some instances. I recently found out that CCL sometimes makes assignments early depending on a number of factors. But as Neil said, there is no way to know untill they do it.

In the not so long ago days, they did not even start "berthing" the ship until about 10 days before. It is much earlier now.

Some folks have mentioned to keep checking carnival.com, others have said to try to order something for your cabin through the site and see what comes up. I would just call every couple of weeks when you get to 2 months out.

Dang, I miss the old days when you could book "run of the ship" and call or fax a cabin request in to the "Ship Coordinator" and they would do it if they could. Good luck and hope you get a great upgrade.

Smooth Seas and Calm Winds,
IC
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 AM

My PVP told me to keep calling. We depart on the holiday on 9/1 and this no cabin assignment. The other couple going with us also booked a guarantee and received their cabin assignment at 65 days out.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:09 AM

They don't know the cabin assignments for the guarantee bookings until they "close" the ship which basically happens about a week before you get your cruise docs. So you can call you PVP over and over or you can just wait until you get your docks and if it it not listed in there, THEN call your PVP who should be able to look it up. BUT realize that with a TBA cabin, that number could change up until you check in. So do not get married to the cabin number....
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 08-15-2007, 05:42 PM

I have been checking every day a couple of time a day to find out if we have been assigned our cabin again. but alas no luck. Will keep checking though. Last cruise did not find our room number until we got to the ship to get on and a porter went and found out for us.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-15-2007, 06:21 PM

Hi Tonya,
We found our guaranteed cabin number by trying to book an excursion. When it popped up, there was our cabin number.
Kim , and happy sailing...we have 16 days@!!!!
Sovereign of the Seas 3/04
Radiance of the Seas 11/03
Majesty of the Seas 5/03
Adventure of the Seas 10/02
Majesty of the Seas 6/02
Sovereign of the Seas 11/01
Explorer of the Seas 10/01
Carnival Paradise 10/00
Carnival Fantasy 1/98 ~ New cruisers are Born!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:21 PM

oh okay thanks. I will try that. since we have now narrowed it down to which shore excursion we want.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-17-2007, 12:57 PM

We are 15 days out and just found out our potential cabin number for our 9/1 Holiday sailing. We booked an OVG and were upgraded to a 6C cabin on the upper deck--#U93. This looks like a great upgrade to me.

Our PVP said it could change before departure but probably will not. She asked me to call back a day or so before depature date to confirm the cabin number.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Banned

I purchased tickets for the Sept. 6 '07 cruise on August 3. I received the tickets by mail one week later with an assigned cabin on the Main deck, 10 units from the rear. My retired Navy father informed me that there is a much smoother cruise in this area. Especially important during hurricane season when the waters can be rough.
I opted for the OVG because I would get an OV for the price of an interior cabin on then Riviera deck. Any picture window OV room would be an improvement. And I could spend the money I saved on material things.
I realize there is a chance that my cabin number may be reassigned up till date of cruise, but either way, I still end up with something better than I would have originally paid for.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, assigned, assignment, cabin, cabins, carnival, cruise, deck, find, guarantee, guaranteed, liberty, majesty, royal, seas, stateroom