Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 AM

What in the world was I thinking? Months ago I booked a cruise to depart to the Eastern Caribbean on July 21 from Port Carnival on the Glory. I just tumbled to the fact that that's well after the start of Hurricane season. Now mind you I'm by no means afraid as I know they will monitor weather radar and reports and steer clear of any issues but was I more wondering about the sea conditions will be like. On a nice clear sunshiny day are the seas rougher during Hurricane season as compared to non Hurricane season? And then secondly, how does Carnival handle changing itineraries?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 AM

No, the seas are not rougher unless you are in the area of the storm. They will change itineraries on an as need basis. Otherwise, you'll go where you are scheduled to go. We normally cruise between October and December, knock on wood we've only had bad weather once out of 18 cruises!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

I have traveled a few times in August, and it hasn't been bad. You do tend to get a few more tropical showers, but no biggie. July is probably better than August or Septemeber for Hurricanes in the Carribean though. You will be fine! It just adds to the adventure!!
Old 03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by carlg:
I have traveled a few times in August, and it hasn't been bad. You do tend to get a few more tropical showers, but no biggie. July is probably better than August or Septemeber for Hurricanes in the Carribean though. You will be fine! It just adds to the adventure!!
My daughter dances for Carnival, been in Carribean for 4 years even during hurricane season on the Glory. It usually isn't a problem, Once out of the many many cruises they returned a day late, A hurricane was threatening the home port, Carnival arranged for new air tranport for those on Air/Sea package and provided up to $200 for other to change air tickets. Change itinerary as the weather dictates. Hurricanes and storms are one of the things I DON'T worry about. you will have a grand time.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Hurricane season last for six months June 1 to nov 31. so It's not hard to book somewhere with in the season. I Cruise every October and It allways includes my birthday Oct 19th.
been on 7 cruises and the only one I had with Rough Seas was on the FANTASY in FEB of 04 (not even Hurricane season.
the stabelizers on the GLORY will keep it a smooth ride for ya.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:41 PM
As said so many times before, don't worry about the things you have no control over anyway.

Don't worry--be happy!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:47 PM

You should be fine

Although technically is hurricane season it is a rare thing for one to form in July.

As f-mattox said, don't worry. If by some odd chance one gets brewing then they will change your route and steer you clear.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Banned

Be afraid of rouge waves@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, handle, hurricanes