Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005, 06:27 PM

Thanks for the info Scarlet - looks like our family of 4 will get a one way rental :-) It' s got to be easier and we can detour if needed to boot :-)

Thakns for the info though - we appreciate it!
Old 09-04-2005, 06:32 PM

OK let me be grumpy here about CCL - (and I own stock in the company so I have a right :-)

$33 a person for the bus - - that is $132 for my family.

I can rent a minivan for $40 a day from enterprise with a $40 one way drop off fee - $80 - - plus say $20 for the $3+ a gallon gas cost.

Come on CCL - don't rip us off THAT bad! And to bot, the $33/person cost was BEFORE the fuel costs skyrocketed!
Old 09-04-2005, 07:12 PM

OK let me be grumpy here about CCL - (and I own stock in the company so I have a right :-)

$33 a person for the bus - - that is $132 for my family.

I can rent a minivan for $40 a day from enterprise with a $40 one way drop off fee - $80 - - plus say $20 for the $3+ a gallon gas cost.

Come on CCL - don't rip us off THAT bad! And to bot, the $33/person cost was BEFORE the fuel costs skyrocketed!

Hey Bob,
We found a place called Galveston Limo Service that will also take you to the port and its 50.00 round trip from the airport. I know its not much cheaper but it beats paying for gas!!
Here is the link, take a look at it :
http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com
Old 09-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm sure the thousands of people that lost their homes and everything they owned as well as those that lost loved ones feel for mcastle.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 09-05-2005, 07:11 AM

mcastle,
I hesitate to post just because I am afraid it will give you another opportunity to vent, but I do have a couple of comments that I feel I need to make. First, I am a bit confused about why you were waiting stand-by at the pier if the cruise was cancelled and you have been complaining about the length of time it will take to receive your refund??? Second, just want don't you understand about the term "stand-by"? So what if you were high on the list? That still does not guarantee a space. Do you rant and rave like this at the airport if you knowingly fly stand-by and there are no seats available? How can you blame Carnival if the ship sailed full and you got shut out? Obviously you were not alone - as you said there were 30 or 40 others that were given the same news. Pardon me if my sympathies are directed at the hurricane victims and their families and do not fault Carnvial for their contribution to the relief effort (their motives are purely of no consequence to me).
Cindi
Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by lynzie2:
My husband and I survived Betsy, Camille and Andrew, not to mention several smaller hurricanes, right here in Louisiana.
Good to hear that you are OK Lynzie! We were down in the Mobile & Biloxi area yesterday dropping off supplies and cannot believe what we saw!

Keep us posted - looks like you have power now which is a good thing...what part of LA are you in?
Old 09-05-2005, 09:23 AM

Hello everybody,

as some have pointed out, Carnival will not "donate" the ships but will get money for the charter. However, please keep in mind that despite the fact that Carnival will get money, they will more than likely end up with less money than what would have been earned had the ships been in service during the six-month charter period. Carnival expects to release information on the expected financial impact, soon.

Anybody saying that Carnival agreed to charter these vessels out simply for the reason of making lots of money should probably reconsider his position. As somebody wrote on a different board a couple of days ago: "Carnival is not in the charity business." Yet, the company does more than others (e.g. including major hotel chains) to help the survivors of Hurricane Katrina.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Banned

Happy2Cruise,
In answer to your question regarding why we were at the terminal. We spoke to Carnival on Friday night and confirmed our Monday (today) cruise. We were told it was sailing and we had been upgraded.

Saturday afternoon Carnival called us to inform us that our cruise was cancelled. CCL moved our money to the Sunday cruise and said we were 6th on the list and based on their experience there was a high probability we would get on the boat, but we would have to be close since we would get less than one hour notice.

On Saturday night our fun pass and booking number became available online.

On Sunday morning I called Carnival, and was told "you are on the boat."

When we called back to get room numbers, I was told you are on the wait list, but to proceed to the embarkation office.

Everytime I spoke to Carnival about a refund, I was told to allow 4 to 6 weeks for a refund. There is no excuse in this day of computerization, credit cards and electronic banking for taking 4 to 6 weeks to process a refund. It only takes that long because Carnival will not dedicate the resources to taking care of customers whom they figure are so upset they are never going to sail with them again.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:26 AM

My friend and I was suppose to be on the Sensation to leave out of New Orleans Sept.10 for a 5 day sailing. We scambled like mad to find out where we were going or even if it was still going to sail. We just found out that we could take a refund or pay an extra 178.00 a piece to take the Conquest for a 7 day to Jamacia that leaves on Sept.11. So now we are leaving out of Tx. I managed just fine to change our flights and our hotel, and yes it was a pain but what would you expect? So our vaction got moved around, at least we are alive and safe in NE. I don't care if Carnival is getting paid or not, I am happy those people have a place to stay. Anybody else joining us? We are both 25 and my friend is concerned that the 7 day will be an "old person" cruise
Old 09-06-2005, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcastle:
I have just completed 28 hours since notification that our cruise was canclled. We spent numerous hours on the phone with 1-800-CARNIVAL on hold or being lied to. We spent the entire afternoon in the cruise terminal because we were told we were high on the standby list, but we had to be there if we were going to get on. We never got straight answers, people promised to find out what was going on only to disappear.

After the boat sailed they took 30 to 40 of us into a room with armed officers (kid you not) and told us, "Sorry but there is nothing we can do." When we tried to ask questions, we were told they could not tell us anything and we would have to leave the terminal.

Well, I can do something. NEVER SAIL ON CARNIVAL AGAIN. SELL MY CARNIVAL STOCK. TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO TAKE ANOTHER CRUISE LINE.

This is not aimed at the hurricane victims. I feel truely sorry for them. However, housing them on a cruise boat makes absolutely no sense. Why not commandeer entire hotels, or vacant apartments, or empty warehouse space. We have more than enough of each in this area of Texas. We called around and found plenty available hotel rooms in Galveston.

What I am upset about is Carnival profiteering on this situation, and we taxpayers footing the bill for a company that is not even a USA registered corporation. I am extremly upset about their complete disregard for their customers and the cavalier attitude with which we have been treated.
We too had problems with carnival this time around. Our agents change constantly and no one, no one had good feedback. The hurricane is heartfelt and there is nothing no can do to turn the clock back. All we can do is try and help. It was a good jester for Carnival to jump in and help ....great....but they have forgotten the hundreds and hundreds of passenger who travels with them throughout the year.
We found out about the use of the ship when I saw it strolling down on the bottom...Something told me to call and that is when I found out. Well when we called and stayed on a conference call with Carnival cruise for 2 hours they wouldn't honored the price...Now keep this in mind we were already booked on a boat...now instead of them (a multi million dollar industry) stating we will honored your price on another boat. No they say you will have to pay double and receive a $100.00 credit you can only use on the boat..not toward your higher bill, but to use only on the boat. Oh and keep in mind you have to book another trip by Dec 31, 2005 to keep the voucher.

I don't know if it will work but I will be writing a letter to the president Mr. Bob Dickerson. When you are trying to keep a loyal customer you dont stick them in the mud.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, galveston, list, standby