Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2005, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Raoul Fiebig:
Hello everybody,

as some have pointed out, Carnival will not "donate" the ships but will get money for the charter. However, please keep in mind that despite the fact that Carnival will get money, they will more than likely end up with less money than what would have been earned had the ships been in service during the six-month charter period. Carnival expects to release information on the expected financial impact, soon.

Anybody saying that Carnival agreed to charter these vessels out simply for the reason of making lots of money should probably reconsider his position. As somebody wrote on a different board a couple of days ago: "Carnival is not in the charity business." Yet, the company does more than others (e.g. including major hotel chains) to help the survivors of Hurricane Katrina.
It wouldn't have hurt carnival to honor the same price for booked passengers. Fema will reimbursed Carnival for the evacuees and carnival will still come out on top...
Old 09-07-2005, 12:06 AM

I completely agree with the price matching issue. We only had to pay an additional 178$ but that doesn't include the 58$ extra we had to pay to get our flight switched for NOLA to Houston.

I have to say on a side note, this will be my first cruise ever and i have been driving my best friend (who I'm going with) absolutely nuts during all this. First we get the hurricane. Then we get the flooding of our port city. Now we are and have been dealing with CCL's poor (and I mean very poor) customer service. While I think it's great that they're letting the government borrow their ships to help house people I don't think that's an excuse to let your customer service suffer. I have been calling them since last Sunday night before the hurricane hit. And through all those many calls their most common response is either "I don't know" or "we can't confirm that at this time".

That surely doesn't help ease my nerves through all this. And it doesn't help that every time I or my friend call in we get different answers. I have sent them two emails and still have yet to get a response. Then like somoene else pointed out, the 100$ ( and it is that if you have paid your full deposit by the 3rd of September) is nice to use on the boat, it would of been better to apply it to the extra cost in flight or for the difference in cost to switch boats. I'm really nervous about how the staff on the boat is because if it's anything like their customer service reps I'm likely to not be impressed. I mean i can understand that it's frustrating for everyone now with everything that's happened but it probably would of been a lot better for them to have come clean with us as soon as they knew they were in talks to lend their ships so at least we would have known what was going on. I mean rather than just dangling us along to what seems like the very last minute.

I mean we've been planning and looking forward to taking this trip since April and they act lik e it's nothing to have to change everything from flight, to hotel reservations, to port reservations for activities that we've already made. I just think they could of done a little more to assist us and at least make us feel confident in them and their service. It's very displeasing.

But I'm glad to say I'm excited again to be going on this trip and glad to know that everything seems to be working out! We will be on the September 11th cruise on the Conquest. When i saw the Ship I was really worried it would be full of older people just because it looks much fancier than our original boat. My friend and I are in our mid 20's so let us know if you are also!

And we'll see everyone else at Alfred's on Monday at 9:30 in RED!! What a great Idea whoever came up with it!!!

Jamie

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, galveston, list, standby