Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 08:55 PM

[quote]Originally posted by whickey:
No at all. Very good chance either that they did not know about it. [quote]

I can guarantee you that a Travel Agent knows what a "Guarantee" is when booking a cruise. Cruise lines use yield management when booking cabins. Just as the airlines do with air seats. The cruise lines will only sell so many cabins under a Guarantee rate. When Rhonda66's Travel Agent made the booking she may not have been able to get a guarantee for the lowest price.

As for saving money. Don't keep buying the souvenir glasses with every drink. Just ask them to refill the initial glass. Or just ask for the drink in a normal glass.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:50 AM

Good point
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM
If you're going to drink alcohol - go for the daily special and forgo the frou-frou souvenir glass.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:37 AM

Cruise Fanatic, It would be pretty dumb for a travel agent to not know what a guarantee is. It is a good way to get from Cat. A to Cat. D by booking early. If you don't mind them picking your cabin on your upgraded deck.

I agree with susanmaz, about the drinks. I ask the Bartender the specials for the week. I am not an early drinker, but I do enjoy getting the Bloody Mary special they have sometimes on sea days

My best way to save money is to book early for lower demand periods on cruises with a fringe of Hurricane Season and when school is in. Then if they lower it further, get the upgrades and on board credits.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:01 PM

I have done several Guarantees and have always been upgraded. I book an inside and usually get upgraded to an outside with balcony.

I love getting the upgrades, but the location is usually one I wouldn't choose. Close to the Bridge, Elevator, front of ship, etc.

To save money I bring my own bottled water, then once empty I fill the container in the buffet area. I also pack large insulated cups to fill with juice, fruit drinks, etc from the buffet area. This way we have a beverage around the pool area and kept really cold.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM

Kathryn,
What a wonderful tip. I will definately pack a few insulated cups for my trip!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn Smith:
I have done several Guarantees and have always been upgraded. I book an inside and usually get upgraded to an outside with balcony.

I love getting the upgrades, but the location is usually one I wouldn't choose. Close to the Bridge, Elevator, front of ship, etc.

To save money I bring my own bottled water, then once empty I fill the container in the buffet area. I also pack large insulated cups to fill with juice, fruit drinks, etc from the buffet area. This way we have a beverage around the pool area and kept really cold.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:19 PM

That is a good tip !

I have never been upgraded or "moved up" above the original type cabin. What is your secret?

It is usually deck A to deck D etc. Have never booked inside and got a balcony
Old 10-15-2006, 09:06 AM

What is the draw back to rooms near the elevators? I assume its the noise factor. But just how loud is it?

I booked OV guarantee and was upgraded from Riviera to Main and the room is almost center of the ship, but close to the elevator. Opinions on this room location?

Caribbean Reviews
Old 10-15-2006, 08:55 PM

Hey GA Lady,

If is not directly beside the elevator shaft you should not hear anything. That should be a good cabin location as far as ship movement and being convenient.

IslandCruz

Closed Thread

Tags
beverages, carnival, cruise, cruises, drinks, enjoy, money, powered, princess, save, saving, ships, vbulletin, ways