Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2006, 09:46 AM

I thought that this would be a great topic for young families when there are many members going and they are already streached because of the tickets

My three best ways to save money on ships are

1)carry your bags yourself to the x-ray machines instead of using a porter
2)book a Garenteed cabin
3)Hit the welcome aboard party hard for the free drinks
Old 10-12-2006, 09:48 AM

What is a garanteed cabin?
Old 10-12-2006, 10:15 AM

A garanteed cabin is when you don't assign your cabin number when you book your cruise. they offer you a garanteed cabin which garantees you a room within that class. (ie you book a balcony and get a balcony)As you book you cabin on certian decks and places on the ship it can be more expensive then the advertised rate or you upgrade your cabin. You are assigned your cabin number a week before the ship sets sail. I have book garanteed cabin on two of my cruises and have received a great location one deck below the lido both times. A location which would have cost me $350.00 more per person then what I paid. you can feel the sway of the ship a little more since your cabin will more then likely be in the front or the back of hte ship, however my girlfriend is pron to car sickness and it was never enough to cause her a problem.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:23 AM

I went through a travel agent and they didn't mention a garanteed room does that mean they pulled on over on me and I'm going to get screwed?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:29 PM

I'm not sure I want them to pick my cabin for me. There are some locations I really don't want to be like right near the elevators.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:31 PM

I know what you mean about the free drinks. I hardly ever drink but I take advantage of the Captains and the Past guest party. I sample everything!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:08 PM

No at all. Very good chance either that they did not know about it. Find out what you paid and call carnival and see what a garanteed is worth that way you can find out. Garanteed is not for everyone. sometimes you get put in an area that not everyone likes that is why it is cheaper, you get all of the left over and picked through cabins. My experiance has taught me however that you are more likely to be a couple cabins from the front and back. And I do drink so I need all the help I can get when it comes to prices
Old 10-12-2006, 05:09 PM

opps i mean "Not at all"
Old 10-12-2006, 05:35 PM

One thing that helps is to bring your own "adult beverages" on board. The one draw-back is the coming back and forth to the cabin to re-load. I won't go in to specifics, but it saved Debi and I hundreds of $$$ bring our yummies!!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:49 PM
If you plan on doing excursions they are often cheaper if you book them off the ship.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Past Cruises:
34 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
beverages, carnival, cruise, cruises, drinks, enjoy, money, powered, princess, save, saving, ships, vbulletin, ways