Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Carnival Spirit Alaska Aug. 28 2002 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/3509-carnival-spirit-alaska-aug-28-2002-a.html)

Knightingale 08-04-2002 09:36 PM

Looking forward to the cruise! Anyone going! Anyone have any suggestions and /or comments!

Knightingale 08-04-2002 09:36 PM

Looking forward to the cruise! Anyone going! Anyone have any suggestions and /or comments!

Mr. Potato Head 08-05-2002 12:04 PM

My wife and I will be on the Carnival Spirit for the Alaskan cruise scheduled for August 7-14, 2002. This is our first cruise and we are both excited and nervous. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

PEB 08-05-2002 12:19 PM

I haven't sailed Alaska on Carnival, however I have sailed Alaska four times. Some advice I would have is always keep looking around. You never know when you will see some wildlife such as whales, porpoise, moose or bear. If you are bringing a regular camera and not digital bring more film than you think you will need. You will be taking many more pictures than you normally take. When you are in near the glaciers or out on the water have a filter on your camera lense to cut down on glare.

Most important relax and enjoy the beauty of Alaska. You are in for a great cruise.

Knightingale 08-05-2002 10:25 PM

tHANK YOU! gREAT TO GET SOME HELPFUL INFO! pLEASE LET ME KNOW ABOUT YOUR CRUISE! ooPS! i THINK i WILL TAKE A FLASH LIGHT! jUST HEARED ON THE NEWS ABOUT THE hOLLAND/aMERICA LINE HAD A BLACK OUT OR SOMETHING IN aLASKA. aNYWAY ENJOY YOUR TRIP ! TALK TO YOU AGAIN! @-}-}--

Knightingale 08-05-2002 11:26 PM

i KNOW i AM TALKING TO MYSELF! wELL THAT IS NOTHING NEW!
wEATHER IN aNCHORAGE sHOWERS 59 f
i LIKE THE COOLER WEATHER LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT BUT NOT THE RAIN ~ JUST A LITTLE RAIN BUT NOT BUCKETS OR "cATS-N-dOGS"
nORTH TO aLASKA >>>>>>>>>> aUGUST 28 HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knightingale 08-08-2002 12:34 PM

Juneau, Alaska
Rain 56 F
Cloudy with periods of rain!!!!!!!!!!!!
////////////////////////////////////////////////

Knightingale 08-08-2002 12:38 PM

Juneau, Alaska
Rain 56 F
Cloudy with periods of rain!!!!!!!!!!!!
//////////////////////////////////////////////// [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Karen Knowlton 08-08-2002 12:50 PM

The rain in Alaska is usually not buckets (though that's not impossible), more often drizzle or light rain. Take raincoats/slickers, and rain pants (or rainsuits instead of both of the above), plus an umbrella to use on shore. Expect to get wet, and then if you get nice days it will be all that much better! Enjoy!!!
My mother, who has traveled much of the world, still says Alaska is the most beautiful place she has ever been.
Karen

Knightingale 08-08-2002 04:02 PM

Thanks for the comment! POrtland, OR 76 F Fair.
Yes we will be ready for rain! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]