Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM

We're thinking about booking the Carnival Valor (MIA-Grand Cayman- Roatan-Belize-Costa Maya) for either December 9th or January 6th. Is either of those dates better in terms of:

a) less children on board
b) better weather and/or less chance of rain
c) less crowded overall

My travel agent is telling me that Carnival ships often seem more crowded than RCI, but the Valor is a decent size ship. Anyone care to make a comment about that? We cruised RCI's Radiance Of The Seas last January and loved every second of it. But we wanted to go to Belize and Roatan this time and the Carnival itinerary just really works out well.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi jackinthebox,

I know nothing specifically about this ship, itinerary or which date is "better," but I have been on two Carnival ships and I can tell you that I never once felt like it was crowded. Several times on our last cruise on the Miracle I marveled to my husband that I couldn't believe there were thousands of people on the ship, yet we could be walking down a hallway or climbing the stairs, etc., and not see a soul. I think Carnival does a good job of having enough public spaces that the only time you really have a "crush" of people is near the pool. The Carnival ships are wonderful - enjoy your cruise!

Booked on NCL Breakaway, Feb. 2014
Carnival Conquest, Feb. 2012
NCL Gem, Sept. 2011
NCL Jewel, Feb. 2011
NCL Dawn, Sept. 2010
NCL Spirit, Feb. 2010
NCL Gem, March 2009
RCCL Explorer of the Seas, Feb. 2008
Carnival Miracle, May 2007
Carnival Conquest, April 2006
Caribbean Princess, Feb. 2005
Old 06-25-2007, 03:08 PM

Since most students will be in school on either of those sailing dates, it would probably be a tie. As for weather, there isn't going to be much difference either. Pick the one that fits your schedule and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-25-2007, 05:56 PM

Hi Jack,
Never been on Valor but i did Glory few years ago...yes is a big class of ships.About crowd,yes could be more crowded in january.Less childrens...afraid i can't say it cose' now the age range of those they are cruising with CCL is prety big,so...ports?
G.Cayman...good shoping...7Mile beach is beautiful.
Costa Maya...take the canopy tour.
Belize...drink natural juice.
Roatan..never been!
Anyway,enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally posted by jackinbox:
We're thinking about booking the Carnival Valor (MIA-Grand Cayman- Roatan-Belize-Costa Maya) for either December 9th or January 6th. Is either of those dates better in terms of:

c) less crowded overall

My travel agent is telling me that Carnival ships often seem more crowded than RCI, but the Valor is a decent size ship. Anyone care to make a comment about that? We cruised RCI's Radiance Of The Seas last January and loved every second of it. But we wanted to go to Belize and Roatan this time and the Carnival itinerary just really works out well.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:40 PM

Radiance of the Seas is 90,090 Tons.

Carnival Valor is 110,000 Tons.

So is more than decent in size comparisons.

I have never sailed in that time frame. I would think it would be as Penny said about the kids. Even when there are alot of kids is not that bad. Just a few neglected ones to annoy.

It is the busy season then though.

IslandCruz
Old 06-26-2007, 05:10 AM
I was wondering about that time of year myself good information.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-26-2007, 06:18 AM

Thanks for all the info everyone! You've all eased my fears regarding Carnival. I'm sure it will be a blast!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
c) less crowded overall

I went on your exact cruise last year. The Valor is very nice and doesn't seem crowded at all unless your trying to get a chair by the pool.

I would go with the December date. As many of the major universities in my area are on winter break for your Jan cruise but still in class for the Dec booking. I would assume the schools here (winter break dates) would be comparable to other places.

Caribbean Cruise Travelogues
Old 06-27-2007, 04:49 AM
Jackinthebox go and have a blast cruise and forget about the rest there is nothing like it.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 AM

that'srightyouwillhavegreattime.

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, carnival, children, costa, crowded, cruise, itinerary, january, lorimar, mario, panama, rica, valor